Need help with rocker geometry

Thanks Mike. Let me know what you find out. You are the crowned King of the OZ head swap, so I take your recommendations as commandments! ;)

The pushrods look fine, roll out true. How can i tell if there is cam damage?

Since it looks like I may be looking at spring problem more than anything, I'm going to head back over to my valve springs thread and keep posting there. I still have to make the right choice! If you wouldn't mind popping in over there and checking things out so you can add your $.02, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks again Mike for great stuff and all the help.

Mike, could Bryce use your single spring with damper. That spring has 100# seat presssure & should install without machining the inner step??
Check this out. William

I would love that but Mike's site says machining required. :cry:

I'll ask the cam shop. I know they should be machined off, but how many guys with dual springs installed them without cutting down the step? Quite a few, I'm sure. So I don't know if it would hurt anything. It would increase the open/closed spring pressure, and reduce the coil bind rating, but I don't think it would be enough to cause problems. :unsure::

Best way, would be to install them on a head and check the rates just to be sure. ;)

Az

The machine shop I was talking to to install your valves, springs, do my mill work said that 100 pound springs were to much and could cause you to wipe a cam. I was going with what you told me to go with since you guys are obviously running them and doing fine but if it increases the rate wouldn't you take a chance on wiping a cam?

Bob

How much step needs to be milled off to do it "right"? That amount NOT being milled off effects the overall height of the spring right? Wouldn't that cause fit issues or just spring tension issues?

Mike, if the cam shop thinks it would be OK, you can send me a set of springs and retainers and I'll try em out and I'll have a shop check the rates and bind and whatever. Oh, yeah, and I'll pay you for them too! ;)

Back