All Small Six Oil pressure sender differences

This relates to all small sixes

norm02

I’m in the middle of replacing the oil pressure sender with a new one that I just bought. After removing the old one and comparing it to the new one I noticed that there is a significant difference in the orifice size.

I’d rather not waste the time or mess anything up so I wanted to see if the new one I bought will be fine to use or if I need to return it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• IMG_8639.jpeg
    IMG_8639.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8641.jpeg
    IMG_8641.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 10
I think this type of pressure switch is used with the indicator gauge on the instrument panel. Assuming your vehicle has the gauge and not an oil pressure light. The size of the hole is not important here as there is no "flow', just variable pressure. As long as the thread size is same it will work fine.

Last edited:
I think U found that big silver thing dwn on driver’s side of block.
There's nother ‘switch' up on the back of the head looks like this:

Dont confuse the 2

just as to “oil” and ’sensor’ or ‘unit’ in the name.
Now... Help me find the ’69 250 temp sensor for the stang motor in my bronk’n I'll
go out on the corner & yell “Xxxx is my friend!"

H
I’m in the middle of replacing the oil pressure sender with a new one that I just bought. After removing the old one and comparing it to the new one I noticed that there is a significant difference in the orifice size.

I’d rather not waste the time or mess anything up so I wanted to see if the new one I bought will be fine to use or if I need to return it. Thoughts?
Hi norm02, Are you still running that Autolite 1101 and how is it working for you? Any other upgrades we should know about or planned upgrades? I and other Bronco owners like to hear about Bronco stuff.

For what it's worth, if you have the gauge in your dash, most all the Ford engines of that era (1964-73 at least) use the same sender. I've used the same unit on my 289 (1968 engine), 351 (1971 engine) and now on my 250 I6 (1973 engine) - just swapped it from one engine directly onto the next.

For @chad , if you have the gauge, my information suggests that the same sender was used on the 200 and 250 I6's from 1966 through at least 1969. NPD has them, or you could try your local chain auto parts store and ask for a Standard Motor Products TS24

thnx, we’ll C~

H

Hi norm02, Are you still running that Autolite 1101 and how is it working for you? Any other upgrades we should know about or planned upgrades? I and other Bronco owners like to hear about Bronco stuff.
I am still running it and it’s been good so far. No issues to speak of

I am still running it and it’s been good so far. No issues to speak of
Thank you. I am investigating carb upgrades for my 66 along with other items. The 1101 is an option for my 250 and if you don't mind was the throttle linkage not too difficult?
Appreciate the quote from HST.

Back