speed daddy headers

I didn't think about low mount starters last night. If I just hold the starter below the block skirt, will that give you 250 CID guys a clue for fitment ? 250's are taller too...
DannyG

Looks great to me! I'm pretty sure I paid over $400 for the "polished" stainless headers from CI. I re-polished them myself and I don't know if they're as shiny as yours.

BCOWANWHEELS":158z0fdx said:
DOESNT EVEN NEED THE SMALL starter huh ? I don't care who makes it, its a nice header plus stainless to boot. sure hope they get more in stock.................... good pics, very informative.
That's a 200ci. motor.

No "Off Shore Blues" this time Bob?

"...don't know if they're as shiny …"
I can't tell frm a pic (quality or any of the rest). - Rely on U guys -

Already got CI's anyway, will C if it fits bronks w/250s this summer (I hope it's not "this fall" but my 1st build…)

FWIW, these headers used to be all over amazon and ebay, some priced within a few dollars of each other. Now I cannot find any, except for one listing on ebay for $695 !
It's good to know there are so many of us "6 bangers" left :eek:)

DannyG":yl47qpex said:
FWIW, these headers used to be all over amazon and ebay, some priced within a few dollars of each other. Now I cannot find any, except for one listing on ebay for $695 !
weird, they were there a couple days ago, but i can't find them either

Just search in ebay for "Hooker 6601". The non-ceramic coated ones are ~$500 in a few places.

BCOWANWHEELS":1w67n9je said:
s/d is 188.00 delivered. 500.00 for headers is way too spensive imo

like said - find the SD's today…
could B tellin us sompin…

6601 a shorty or long tube?
wish i had the latter.

6601 is a long tube. Watch out with the low-mount starter and long tube headers. There was a post on here "somewhere" regarding the low-mount starter and needing the 6602 which is no longer in production. :beer:

It would be a great idea for a sticky later or some kind of tech article with a list of the know suppliers and fitment info. As people test it on different frames, we can fill out the matrix.

cr_bobcat":1wgh18ux said:
It would be a great idea for a sticky later or some kind of tech article with a list of the know suppliers and fitment info. As people test it on different frames, we can fill out the matrix.
Some great ideas… been to our new test site?

Since Mike's passing we've had darn good follow thru on keepin this site goin. A new one (don't have access to the admin function since our founder's death) is to roll out soon. Guys have been maintain this one & have a new test site up - both! I'm hopin that a small sembelance of the ol CI Mike had goin will survive. We all gotta pick up some pieces for these things to happen. I've been archivin everything I can for the ppl to have access to prts that fit, are available, affordable, and of quality. If we all do a lill of this we can rebuild something…it IS being done - but at what level?. If we want a high level more of us have to chip in.

I'll add these 2 to my archive, thanls 4 the reminder...

cr_bobcat":37mm1oy2 said:
6601 is a long tube. Watch out with the low-mount starter and long tube headers. There was a post on here "somewhere" regarding the low-mount starter and needing the 6602 which is no longer in production. :beer:
so 6602 wuz the Hooker small falcon motor shorty? (non-big six tho?).
thanx ~

so 6602 wuz the Hooker small falcon motor shorty? (non-big six tho?).
thanx ~
AFAIK... Hooker 6602 was the 250 CID version of the 6601 - 200 header. These hard to find 'Long Tube-Dual Out' 6602's were early 70's Maverick/Mustang application. The 6602 has tubes that carefully wrap around the low mount OEM starter and fit past steering gear. The 6602's do not fit earlier cars without some simple modifications due to interference with steering, starter and shock towers in my experience. " 6602" is stamped into the flange behind cyl 1 port.

I had discussed with Mike shipping my 6602's to him for development of a 250 Header for CI before TSHTF.

have fun

. .

Man! looks like some heavy duty spaghetti there!
Thnx powerband.

looks a lill different on the flange (a break) and some different grouping on the flange of the cyl?

"...discussed with Mike…"
Musta been awhile ago, any memories of what was said (abt design, use for CI sales, etc)?

This may all B a moot point -
but finally (I suppose) any substantiation that a long tube gives better tq than shorties (for HP).
i.e. B4 & after: 1/8 mi, flow bench, seat of the pants, etc
/OR/ other reports U can provide re: performance of these headers?
I know folk say the long tube is louder...

from my experience lomg tube headers heat the floorboard up a lot and unless your just looking for all out performance in competition shortys fit the bill. JMO
Bob

RichCreations":1a3mwqn1 said:
DannyG":1a3mwqn1 said:

They are still listed on Speedy Daddy's website @ $189 shipped and in stock. Could be the Ebay listing just expired and they haven't relisted yet.

http://speed-daddy.com/header-stain...nco-61-66-ford-exconoline-l6-144-170-200-cuin

Econoline":3in7bcdp said:
RichCreations":3in7bcdp said:
DannyG":3in7bcdp said:

They are still listed on Speedy Daddy's website @ $189 shipped and in stock. Could be the Ebay listing just expired and they haven't relisted yet.

http://speed-daddy.com/header-stain...nco-61-66-ford-exconoline-l6-144-170-200-cuin

Just a week ago, there were being sold by a hundred different vendors... Now just this one...

Back