speed daddy headers

I have a feeling they are all from speedy daddy, but maybe not. I just noticed one sold at $696!! :shock: :wow:

new twist on ol supply/demand factor-
(make it LOOK that way)

Still likin the Hooker long tube for my application,
wish Will had sompin like that for my bronk...

RC -
when I saw that (out of curisoty I looked, as seen in some of my comments, I already have CI's) it just seemed so ridiculious I just kept goin. By that I mean in the listing there is a 240 as in a bronk. There was never a 240 in that vehicle, there was a 200 ('72 & 3) so I scrolled thru the list (there or on another addvert) just 2 C wasss up. Again, a pic is not enuff 4 me to make a purchase. I was never an early adopter of anything. I'm pretty much of a cheepscate (due to reality and Scots blood) so wait till more reliable sources can confirm impressions or facts.
Can you give me some guidance on the product?
As some 1 said here - hard to believe there's quality at that price…
Didn't some 1 here buy them?
Could B a G R E A T deal...

More likely a knockoff of CI. The clifford header is tighter and doesn't have the ball joint. The closest I've seen to this design are CI or the Pacemaker 4425. I don't recall the 4425 having the ball joint though

Yeah they appear to be CI knock offs, maybe whoever was making them outsourced it

cool, flattery…
who made em 4 CI?

I bet they are the exact same headers as the ones classic inlines sold. there were rumors that CI was getting them from china. I didn't care where they came from, i bought the header from mike and it worked out great. i have had mine for about 3 years so far with no problems.

My fleabay app just buzzed and told me that these headers are back at $200 instead of $700. Right now the 1 seller has 30 pieces available. :beer:

got a item number for them @200.00 ? I need a set. asap I CALLED all the sellers on ebay. there all related to speed daddy. and there all out of stock for at least 2 more months according to them all...................

BCOWANWHEELS":2otpc54w said:
the first 4 are same outfit the rest are connected to the first. big sham going on here

After studying this forum and the product I pulled the trigger last night off the SD ebay link at $188 all in. We'll see if its a ripoff but I rolled through all the negative feedback for the last 6 months and came up with about 15 that were header related and for some reason about 90% of those were Hondas and Acuras. Once I install on a 66 Mustang I'll let you know if there are any issues in real world application and then I plan to hit Dyno night to see once and for all what the increase is (currently pushing 77 RWHP with stock rebuild)

SydneytheMustang , I'll be following your progress ! I decided to buy that same header, and I'd love to hear some real world experiences with it.
Keep us posted,
DannyG

W E L C O M E ! Sidney.
Nice 2 C U already got our spirit
'n on ur 1st post 2 !
Danny's already got it !
Got some info, share some info…
U guys ROCK

Any updates on anyone actually installing and using these headers? I've got a '60 Ranchero with a 200 in it out of a '75 Maverick that is usually my summer daily driver. I'm using a late bellhousing so I can use a toploader overdrive. It needed a valve job so I tore it down for that and have been looking at these speed daddy headers when it goes back together. Considering a cam upgrade now as well.

(ur just popin in new valves? no upgrade?)
get on the cam - it's a priority,
don't 4get the DSII system (big return for low $)
(& may B @ some point, the '77 + head/it's machining up grades).

For the header in a Mav - ask Gene, the guy w/track experience. I think he's got the CI duplicate.

Yes, I'm going with bigger valves in the head. I already run Ford electronic ignition in the Ranchero. It made a big difference when I went to that, would barely idle before.

Back