Turbo 300

A

Anonymous

I love the I6 as a turbo platform! Currently, I own an 88 Toyota supra, and my buddy owns a fairlane. Hes done all the body work to it and we are looking at dropping a 8:1 300 in and slapping a T61 or T70 turbo on it. I have a couple of questions though.

1. Where can we get aftermarket crankshafts?
2. A good place for rod and piston combos?
3. Metal head gaskets?
4. Oversize valve upgrade recommendations?

I dont believe that it is unrealistic to hit 900+ hp with a bit of tuning and fine adjustments in the motor. IF I can get the supporting parts.
The 300 CERTAINLY has enough displacement, I think the bottleneck is in the head.

the bottleneck IS in the head.......that's about all I can answer.

I'd doubt the 900hp, but then again, I'm pretty sure you know a lot more than I do about turbos, so I can't say much more.

The biggest problem with Turbo I6s is, there's a lot of talk, but few people ever do 'em. I'd love to see one, I've only seen pics of one, and that was the twin turbo one.

The few poeple on this fourm that know me know that I'm a G.M. guy but a hard core inliner to say the least. With that out of the way I would to touch on this topic because the 300 Ford is in the boat as the 292 G.M. When it come to making BIG 800-900-1000 hp. I dont think the head is the limiting factor it's the block. Just like the GM counterpart it will start to ballon the cylinders. All the hardcore race fill the water jackets with aluminum vs hard block. Thier are epoxyies on the market to put in the water jackets as well.

I think 550 motor 250 nitrous hp is all I can get without balloning the cylinders.

Does any body know how thick the cylinder walls are on a 300? The 292 are .150 at .060 over

Steven

Back