Turbo setup with offy tri power?

dude i can't wait tell i get a job after college cuz then i will be make tons of money (i start this fall as a freshmen) hahaha

but dude i am totally going to do that tri carb with tri turbos

or maybe tri blowers what do you think??

nice setup haw??

might actually bet the eights in a car show

thats the day betting a eight with a six i'd love to see that happen to me wow that would be nice

wait the eights only run dual blown have not seen many tri blown actually seen none so i might be the first ever to have that setup on any engine

so you think this will all fit in a 66 engine compartment???

might need a stack or two hahahaha

ok that tri turbo tri carb thing would look cool if you didnt run intercoolers and i bet it would perform really well with mikes aluminum head with the triple TBI set up with out the plenum

i may just be crazy enough to do something like this

8) James I say go for it. If it works great if not what the heck at least you gave it a shot. That's the whole thing with us Ford six nuts we are allways trying something to be different.

Gary

Good greif. My retard-o-meter is going through the roof. Did I accidentally log into a honda forum?

And no Fb, it's not. Im sure you could hack something together if you wanted to. Problem is it would look like hell.

Bort62":1oclidgq said:
Good greif. My retard-o-meter is going through the roof. Did I accidentally log into a honda forum?

And no Fb, it's not. Im sure you could hack something together if you wanted to. Problem is it would look like hell.

you've never seen my work....

I have OCD... (seriously) :D

oh that clean freak thing man that takes a lot of time out of your life

yes i have seen monk i actually like that show

-Mr.T

8)

Before I tried 3 x 1bbl carbs on the Offy intake and try to turbocharge them Ithink I would be looking for small 1bbl sized throttle body units and 3 x 1bbl throttle bodies. IMHUO those would seem to be easier to turbocharge than 3 carbs.

IMHUO - In My Humble Uneducated Opinion.

To me the idea of making something that is unnecessarily complex, more costly and which offers no performance gain (or possibly even a performance loss) by comparison to a straightforward system simply because it is "different" is inherently irrational.

Okay, here's the reason I and perhaps some others are coming down on you so hard for this idea.

We get one of these wild hair ideas every couple of weeks in this forum, and perhaps it bugs me more than it should cause this is one of the few forums on this site I actually care about - but here's the deal.

You've got a nice car, and it looks like you have pretty much spare no expense supporting the automotive aftermarket buying parts that you can bolt onto that car. I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you have got it running halfway decent. Thing is, spending money and taking a bolt out and putting it back in is something my mother could do.

And I don't think thats a negative - the problem is when that correlates with an obvious lack of understanding of the system that you are describing that rubs me the wrong way.

Doing a tri-carb draw through into 3 manifold holes may be cool to you, but it's cool in the same way as dating your sister is cool. It's different, it's challenging - but at the end of the day, there are some really good fundamental reasons that you just shouldn't do it.

Now - you may say to hell with me and this is the only way you want to do things... and that's fine - but just remember that when I walk past that abortion at a car show some day, I'm going to look under the hood and say "what the *^*&^ is this?"

And I'm not alone. Since you come to this site proposing your idea - I and others are completely entitled to tell you why it's bad.

If you are set in your ways and don't want opinions that don't agree with yours - then don't bother posting it. Just do it.

Bort62":9rnlzlw1 said:
My offer still stands.

I could do it for $1000, but I wouldn't make any guarantees on how long it would run right.

I have done multi-carb synch jobs on quite a few foreign and domestic jobs, and I hate it.

When the temperature, humidity, dew point, barometric pressure or even the color of your socks changes,
The carb changes its setting. You don't notice it so much with just one carb, but the more carbs you add the more you feel the changes.

It has got to be due to manufacturing tolerances (no two carbs are ever exactly alike, just like snowflakes) and when temperature changes might make one carb go rich, another goes lean, or some other whacked out nonsense. It really is a huge pain in the a$$ sometimes to make multi-carb set-ups work right.

Now, having said all that about how different demons come out at different times from different carbs,
I can only IMAGINE what weird rabbits they would pull out of their respective hats while trying to meter fuel under boost!!

I say, find a good turbo and plum it for blow thru and get it working and tuned with one carb. This will give you some experience with turbos. After you get this experience, you can make your own descisions on how many carbs you want to add to it. You could pull off a three carb draw thru, to do it while climbing the learning curve, would be crazy and pointless. In the end, a single carb blow thru would probably blow it off the road.

These guys who are giving you advise are giving this advice based on many years of experience. We are trying to help you.

Whats the matter...nuthin to say? No deragatory remarks or put downs tonite? No I cant do it so theres no way that you can?

:rolflmao: :rolflmao:

Awww...did somebody get hit with the mod-stick? Maybe the ban-hammer?

Anyhow, to contribute something worthwhile, at the risk of sounding redundant, this is an interesting scenario. However, I think that it would be neither economically feasable nor a sound decision performance-wise. The question that you should ask yourself isn't, "Can this be done," rather it should be "Should I do this?"

There's a reason that people don't try to turbocharge Tri-Power GTOs. They switch to a four-barrel manifold first. It's not worth the time or expense, and tuning would be more of a nightmare than with regular multiple carbs.

wallaka":1f6vlqug said:
Awww...did somebody get hit with the mod-stick? Maybe the ban-hammer?
Yes, they did. When a person starts maliciously deleting their posts it can really mess up a topic, and this forum generally tries to help people.

It's disappointing when it happens; there's no fun in banning someone who is probably not even really enjoying the mischief they're making.

Back