Understanding PCV Setup with an Inline

For what it's worth, instructions for my Weber 38/38 say do not install the PCV with it. It puzzled me the first time I saw it and it still does. I wouldn't connect the line to the carb its self, but its pretty clear not to install it at all. Any thoughts from my fellow Weber fans?

may B U could go in below @ 1 of those fittings instead. Not sure. Still need it I assume.

wsa111":1v23hb83 said:
Make sure you get the PCV valve for the exact engine you have. A small engine will not need as much airflow as a big V-8.
If your valve cover is not baffled you need to get a baffled grommet for your valve cover otherwise you will suck oil into the intake.
I also mount the PCV valve on a non-baffled valve cover 3" above the cover via a hose just to keep oil from the intake.
PCV-Carb002-1.jpg

Bill,

Where is the PCV hose connected to on your carb? Do you have a 2v-1v adapter or direct mount?

Tom

Got my Wagner adjustable PCV valve today. That thing got here fast! I haven't installed it yet as I'm just absolutely swamped with work and kids right now but it should happen here in the next week or so. I have to say the thing feels solid and appears to be manufactured very well. I'm looking forward to getting it dialed in and installed. Of course I'll just have to go through the whole process again here once the head gets finished and I get the new cam installed...

Tom, I take the vacuum from the base of the 4412-500 carb.
Yes it is direct mounted.

is that manifold or port? What can B used by the Weber?
I seen a guy glue up the internal breather in 1 so it could go 4 wheelin w/o fuel starvation/flood.

I am using the two barrel carb adapter but there would be no problem connecting the PCV valve to manifold vacuum. I have a port, its just that for some reason it is not advised? In fact the instructions (from Clifford's not Weber) recommend using two breathers in the cover in place of the oil cap and valve. That tells me it is not a question of where you connect the vac line but if. Not a biggie. I think the thing will vent OK but I'm open to thoughts on that. You don't have to run PCV at the strip as long as its not blowing oil!! Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken...

OEM valve cover off my 1978 engine 200 CID , does not have the divider in it. It does have a baffle plate at each end where the breather and PCV are located.

Back