Used Set of Aluminum Super Rods & Health Issues Update

WoW.
Glad I read this thread.
Didn't know my ol desert rat wuz human as well !
And to see ur wrk for us all here meanwhile just build my respect for Da Man.
Sounds like the VA as a whole is not to B put down. Like the rest, it's only a few that are below parr. Our local (White River Jnct, VT) is world leader on PTSD topics. Still i like your well researched approach and strong self advocacy. U diserve the BEST ! Shine on! as I have no other beacons and follow close behind~

Thank you Chad, as the medical resources become more scarce it looks like we will all need to be the ones that have to be more proactive in our own health.

Thank you pmuller9, I really appreciate all the prayers, concern, kind words, best wishes, and great friendship from everyone over these last months and I really believe that it's helped me a lot!

I was thinking I should maybe update the Heath issue info some now since its been about month after the last procedure. This isn't official from my doctors yet they sure don't talk with you much now days. Yet here is what I have noticed as I do my morning and evening health checks measuring my Blood Sugar Reading (BSR) to see if the type 2 diabetes is under control, Blood Pressure (BO), Oxygen Content (OC), and Weight (W). My BSR is staying fairly stable it's still a quite a bit higher than it really should be though and am learning which foods can cause spikes this is currently hardest for me to even try to get close let alone what it's going to take to get right. My BP has mostly been perfect during the day usally it's just slightly higher than it should be at night somtimes to high, but I think as I can start doing more and more it will then be fine. The great thing is that I have now been back out of A Fib for about two weeks so I don't feel so tired this helps me in being able to do more. My heart beat rate at rest is normal and has been very stabile. I also didn't need to back for the Thrid cardio version yet and if I stay like this probally won't need it, my guess is that as the scar tissue has healed around my heart that it caused the heart beat to become stabile again this was a great surprise to me that it even happened. My OC is quite good so that I am above the too low Ox. content level by many points roughly am staying at 95% average or higher as long as I stay on the oxygen supply. My Weight has come back down again and I will be working to getting it down some more which I think over time and more exercise should fix that, my goal is another 20 to 30 pounds, this seems as though it is posable now and since the diabetes is being treated I am not as hungry as I was before I knew I was told I was diabetic. I have also been working at building up my strength again by adding a little more exercise per day I am slowly improving but doing more than I was able to just a month or more ago. I won't find out anymore from my doctors until early May when my next couple appointments at the cardiologist and oncologist are. That said I am more optimistic since there seems to be some good improvements and I an believing that things will get even better still. Thank you everyone, Robert

...they sure don't talk with you much now days...
Robert, Don't settle for that! They are working for YOU! Don't leave their office without getting all your questions and concerns answered. Your health depends on it.
I hope your health continues to get better. You are an asset to this forum.

yeah, keep at them'n take some1 else w/U 2 take notes? I get only 1/2 of what is said A doc's, forget my Qs as I space out w/concern. A side kick helps. I even do it for others along w/bein a taxi ride for some elders in my town. (Its called "Amherst Neighbors", one twn over is "Northampton Neighbors". There's 300 nation wide. Long story short we help each other [other ways too]). Anyway
It sounds like you are doing fine! WoW - Doctor, heal thyself. The 3 or 4 things you say U track/R doing for yourself, no 1 else can do. These things U do 4 ur self? They are better than anything else that can B done 4U. Diet, exercise, positive thinking, tracking on paper, treating yourself well...
Thnx for the current detail. I feel better bout my ol Desert Rat friend, da Bubs! Keep it goin, so good to hear!

Thank you FTF, since the COVID stuff started in April of last year it was a big change in how the medical offices operate some are worse than others here in this town as well as the Veterans Administration were there can't be really good care or very bad. This seems to be standard OP at least here in this area you can only get things one way their way. They rarely have you come into their office anymore most everything else is done by phone or Skype, or by a Tel A Med system using a test machine at your home that transmits your vitals by a modem to the VA. I had a couple RN's that monitor the Tel A Med data (they are about 60 miles south of me) that were very good and we're watching things closely as well as being a real advocate in getting in contact with the other outside care offices they were older and then they retire and hand you off to someone else. If try calling their office they don't answer you have to leave a message maybe they call back but on average takes 3 calls or even more I have had to ask the VA to get in contact with them, it can get to be real frustrating sometimes. If you actually do have an appointment at the office they check you in then send you back outside until they come and get you. If you realy need to see them and can't get a hold of anyone then they want you to go into the ER to get help. Recently about 2 weeks or so our governor here in AZ finally compleately opened up AZ, yet here in this town I live in and one other Az town are both suing to still keep those two towns locked down it's very strange. I don't like it much but I am keeping a good outlook going about what I need to do and let the crasy people be crazy. So far I have only been told to leave at a couple of the stores and if I know that their rep is more milatant then there is nothing I need from them anyway that I can't get somewere else. Most of the other stores don't bother me that much since I have been going there for many years and they know me. I do have it better than many people though as my wife was in the medical field for many years starting back when she was a teenager, my oldest daughter is also an RN but lives a couple hours away. Thank you again, Robert

Thank you Chad, your post made me remember few other oddities that they have been doing here you go to your doctors office visits or into the hospital all by yourself your dropped off outside no help or visitors allowed to go in with you. Like you though I try to remember everything I am supposed to ask I don't and I even forget things after having to wait for so long to be seen. Oh and evertime you need to go into the hospital for a procedure you have to get a COVID test 5 days before your scheduled procedure since last year I have had 7 or 8 of them all have been negative. Couple times they said after I was in the hospital peeped and ready to go they said they might have to cancel because there wasn't enough beds for overnight yet you look around and the place is really empty looking. It's all very strange to me. Lol if I could fix myself I would probably try it.

the covid has twisted everything. Seems worse than the stuff we went thru in '80s w/HIV.
I wrk the Vac Clinic. We let a member of the couple or a parent accompany their kid go thru.
Sure followin da protocols, but they can go. The rural areas? probably still not up on proce-
edure. Its cuz we all gotta invent the 1st 500 or 5,000. In the 30 'inner' states it's gunna B a
lill behind. They'll get there. My concern is prep for the nxt virus. Supplies, $, policy'n procedure...
We R still in #3 (open/close/open) when the most ppl die (not #1, 1st wave). #4 is disperse vac, #5 is
PREVENTION (of nxt SARs, MERS, Ebola, C-24, etc). Don't 'kill' the government, get them goin, expert,
doin their job (o0OP, 4 got - I need to keep off the politics)...
8^0
EDIT:
Just read #32 - Good Attitude. Grin, bear it, push when needed. Take care of self, fam, neighbors.
We made up our own 'double bubble' in March '19. Couples, singles, old, young, different colors, religions,
incomes. Take care of each other. Assure needs R met, no covid is brought in. I just got back from a shift in a
neighbor's basement w/all the kids. I love the lill ones, mine R grown so I get to B around them, watched them come
home frm the hospital. We were in'n out of each other's homes B4 covid. Made some rules. One fella lost his wife winter
'18. We been shoveling his walk, makin sure the car runs. One lady is an essential worker. She is single. We watch her 2 kids
for her ta go ta wrk. One member of a couple (no kids, same gender) just got back w/all 5 fam's grocries, my turn this wk end. When
the covid hit the town was not there, went silent/dumb (as in ignorant...waitin on the State (well Commonwealth here, 1 of the 3). State wuz waitin on the Fed (U know how 'ucked they were). So WE, got goin. WE took care of ' hit. No 1 else would...1/2 the ppl left their jobs in fear. 1st time since the Great Recession took my job/career I got wrk. I took on 3 'essential' jobs. Some run from the house fire,
some toward. The situation cried out for it. Simple. Fill the vacumn, feel successful not defeated.
Reminded me of my dad (died @ 95 y/o the March B4 covid showed up). We did alot of sail powered ocean racin. One time 650 mi out to sea the hura`can came, broke the mast. Not the top 3rd off but @ the bottom 3rd. Means we couldn't hang sheets to the wind. He pushed the long broken piece over the port side, kicked the sail thru the triangle just off the water and flappin, noisy a constant 36 hrs, & we finished the last day'n a half on that. Move forward. It helps if ya smile. "Aint life grand !" AND...pretty soon...It Is !

Last edited:
Health Update: I have been feeling really good for a few months than about two weeks ago things started changing my blood pressure was dropping kind of low, was getting headaches, dizziness if I got up or bent over, and my heat beat rate was rising much higher than before, I would get out of breath from only a little bit of activity, so it felt like I was going back into full time A Fib again. I had also been battling my Blood Sugar readings since I found out I was diabetic on New Years Eve. Thanks to efforts of my youngest daughter she clued us into this tidbit, and my wife and I started a new diet plan about 4 weeks ago that was easy as just reading the food labels and cutting out anything that had added sugar of more than a gram and the weight started dropping off of me quickly (close to 20 pounds in 3 weeks) and blood sugar readings were also going down some. The only hard part is that they load up all the foods with so much sugar that it cuts out the vast majority of foods even things that I though we're suppose to be Healthy (I never realized that they were doing this on such a large scale).

I ended up in the ER on recommendation of my Cardiologists Assitant this last Firday afternoon they did all kinds of tests on me, finding I was indeed in full time A Fib again, way low on my Potassium levels and also slightly dehydrated. They decided to admit me into the hospital that evening and I was there until Sunday afternoon, their thinking was that maybe my Cardiologist would need to do another procedure on me like an Ablation. They even didn't allow me to eat anything for over 24 hours but then they couldn't get ahold of anyone from the Cardiologists office. They also took me off many of the meds I was on and loaded me up with lots of IV fluids and lots of straight potassium too. The bad was that almost everthing that I had lost in weight I put right back on again with all those IV fluids they put into me so on that part I have to start over again but I think it's only tempureary. It made quite some differance and I actually felt much better than even when I thought I was feeling good at least for the next few days. My BP started going up again and yesterday it was up to high above my target rate I don't know what will need to be done for that. My Blood Sugar though is still going down and if that can continue I can see myself not being diabetic or needing a pill for that.

I am scheduled for a procedure of a Watchman devise on Sept. 30th this cuts down on the chance of a blood clot being formed in the little tail of the one heart chamber and on the Sept. 23 they will do a prodedure to take pictures of the heart chambers in preparation of the Watchman. If all goes well this Watchman would also get me off of blood thinners and I would only need one baby a aspirin in place of tge blood thinner. My goal is to hopefully be off all or of most all my meds if possible. Edited

sounds like some good wid da bad. At our age that's true on a daily basis.
Bubba: I really appreciate U keeping me informed. I WANT to know what's going on (same term) w/"my ol desert rat". Sendin
the VERY BEST ! as you matter to me (us) and the site.
Besides, lets me know as I doddle (what ol folks do - the lill ones 'toddle') along thru the garage, that I am not alone in these afflictions. All the young guys (both, when they show up) need what we have on a daily basis, but I sure get jelious seein them bend and bounce like I never could today.

Thank you very much sixtseventwo4d, I do appreciate those good wishes.

Hi Chad, yes it's always surprising to me how you can get one area to be so much better yet another will go haywire our body systems are quite complicated even miraculous in their functions. When your young you don't usally even think about it. Though I am still not as good as would like I am so much better than I was the beginning of last year it didn't seem like there was much that could be done to get any better. I do think that people have to be much more hands on and figure some of these things out for themselves wish I knew more about it but an learning some of it it's not as easy for me though but I have some help on some of it. Thank you Chad and I am hoping the best for you too that your staying in good Health too.

Xctasy thank you too, hope you are doing well and are safe been hearing some distribing things in news reports are going on over in Austraila and New Zealand. Best wishes.

Hi Ford Six site members, just a short update, I will be going into the Hospital tomorrow morning early for another Ablation Procedure. I have been back into A Fib again for quite awhile now since sometime in the fall of last year. Also along with about 3 plus months of very high Blood Pressure starting sometime a couple of weeks after the Labor Day weekend. Thankfully the Cardiologist was finally able to do some Med adjustments to get it much better in the last 3 weeks. Oh there was also some other good news around end of October of last year too on the Cancer it's not getting any bigger for now. Thank you everyone, Robert

thnx for that info.
Thinkin about you.
Sendin good vibes all the time~
Joining U in trust & wide eyed innocence !

Back