Vintage inlines orders

riley_smitty

Hi guys,
I have been trying to get into contact with matt cox of vintage inlines to place an order but have been having no such luck. I was in contact with him less than an a month ago and now its radio silence. Has anyone else had any issues trying to contact him?
Also he sells a weber adaptor that requires machining to go on the head the part number is FSP-200-2VC-W. I cant find it anywhere else, does anyone know where I can source one?

Cheers,

Riley Smith

Riley, try again, Matt has a full time job at Chrysler & does vintage inlines evenings & weekends.

PT and in need of assistance, a limited number of companies like him and plenty of us needy, it's tough but stay calm, stay w/him or go elsewhere. Just don't get abusive. I see this w/folks w/the other sites I have referred to him:

"I got the money. WTF, what's wrong w/him!" (etc, & worse).
:nono:
sad that ppl can B like this, really~

im a long time customer and i want to support him all i can but it can just get a little frustrating. ive sent him two emails in two weeks and at the same time i dont wanna be annoying. Ill send him another email. its guys like him that help to keep these engines alive and doing it as a side gig is pretty tough.

Thanks guys,

Riley

be straight w/him, express ur concern, ask Q so U can have ur expectations in line w/outcome?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know this thread is a month or so old, but wanted to see if responses had gotten any better from Vintage Inlines. I’ve sent two emails regarding the availability of a certain part and have still not received a response. For those that have placed orders via the website, are the orders getting processed in a timely manner? I want to support a vendor/company that supports the Inline 200, just concerned that I’ve not received a response to my query.

Thanks,
Tim

"...from Vintage Inlines..."
what addrss did U use? Just the function there at the site, the on-line contact?
He wrks full time and this is just a pass time. Many think he is Summit or CJPhoney...
:roll:

I've ordered a couple things from Matt and it's always been sent in a timely manner. I've never tried to communicate with him though. The things I've bought where listed as in stock. A carb hat adapter and something else more than a year ago.

I referred from a doz sites & some complain. MOST don't know the reality (& many R very rude).

Ive purchased a few orders now directly off the website and they have been filled pretty quickly, now if only I could remember everything when I placed my orders that would be great. Always seem to go oh crap I needed that part too. Matt is a good dude, army of one keeping us taken care of.

Meglomachinist

I'd agree.
Wonder if the ford6 guys take priority?
When he 1st got the CI line I think I pulled rank &
contacted him here 1X (abt 'there'). I don't think I'd do that
now seeing the lousy treatment others direct his way ('others'=
related Y/M/M on-line 'clubs' I have referred to him). See my above
comments (early fox, stang, falcon, bronk, i6 rest0moders, etc).
:shock:

chad":2greeyok said:
I'd agree.
Wonder if the ford6 guys take priority?
When he 1st got the CI line I think I pulled rank &
contacted him here 1X (abt 'there'). I don't think I'd do that
now seeing the lousy treatment others direct his way ('others'=
related Y/M/M on-line 'clubs' I have referred to him). See my above
comments (early fox, stang, falcon, bronk, i6 rest0moders, etc).
:shock:
You could be correct on that.
Remember he works a full time job with Chrysler & took on the old CI inventory & has expanded it. He did this for his love of the Ford Six.
When you order one should mention the they are a member here. Can't hurt.

For those that have recently placed orders with Vintage Inlines, how long did it take before you received confirmation that your order had shipped? The website mentions that orders are not being shipped daily because of the COVID-19 virus. Given this and the fact that the owner of Vintage Inlines also has a full time job, I just wanted to set some realistic expectations with myself on when I might hear that my order had shipped. I placed an order last Tuesday. Thoughts . . .

Except for my exhaust system which was special order, items have shipped within a day or 2 of order.

Back