ARP Rod Bolt Machine Work

Matthew68

Hi Folks,

Looking to have the block removed and machined/rebuilt. For the ARP Rod bolts, it says that machine work is required. I’m hoping the machine shop I go to knows what’s required to be done, but what is it exactly? I want to make sure I’m on the same page as the shop.

https://www.vintageinlines.com/product- ... 70-200-250

Here’s a link to the part stating machine work is needed. Hoping someone’s been down this path before and can provide some guidance.

Cheers,
Matthew

No big deal, your machine shop will remove some metal off where the cap meets the rod. Install ARP bolts, torque to specs & hone the id of the big end of the rod to specs.
Thats it, just get out your wallet.

I am not sure what you are doing, but the aftermarket steel 1jz rods may be a good idea if you need the crank ground and new pistons.
Fast 64 is working on that and soon we will know if there is any issues with doing so.

Thanks - that begs the question is it worth it? I’m just trying to plan out bottom end upgrades along with my budget.

I’ll have the aluminum head, Schneider cam and likely a 30 over bore in the cylinders. I don’t plan to race, just a cruiser.

Back