Help with new carb please

bmbm40":37wr0x1i said:
important would be a DSII dist and wsa111 can do a custom curve for you.
When you are ready, i have several for your. Bill

jamyers":3nzx7fom said:
Also, you *can* use an early SCV carburetor with a later non-LOM distributor, simply by plugging/capping the SCV port on the carb and hooking the distributor to manifold vacuum (anywhere under the throttle plate, Ford often has ports in the manifold.) Just don't try to hook a non-LOM distributor to an SCV port/carb, that won't work for sure.

If I take a scv carb and plug the holes to match my non lom distributor do I have to run manifold vacuum???

Yup, since you won't be using the SCV port, and an SCV carb won't have a "Ported Vacuum" port.

But straight Manifold Vacuum is best anyways - Ported Vacuum was a factory crutch for meeting idle emissions.

It has been a minute since I posted. But for my 1966 mustang 200 inline 6, I purchased a hei dizzy and I ran across a Carter 7260S off a 1978 1/2 ton with the 300 inline 6. Would that carb work for my set up?

I believe the bolt spacing & the throttle bore size in larger than your 66 log.
If you purchased a HEI probably you will have over oiling which results in oil dripping from the upper housing.
Also you need to get the HEI recurved for your engine & my over oiling mod. done.
PM me or email me billythedistributorman@live.com Bill

"...Or is the answer in the handbook?..."
Yes.
skim the whole, ck out the tech archive above.

Many here skip the HEI (looks, problems, cost, size) and use the DSII (C my above post).
That is a '77 + dizzy (& its box, the blue strain-relief is suggested) or wire in another like GM 4-pin (C above post).

"...Carter 7260S off a 1978 1/2 ton with the 300 inline 6...."
we might refer to that as a Carter YF (hard to memorize all those #s) may B the YAF (not sure the yr change). Is it not too high for these 60's/70s low hood fords?

I see your 'handle", Did you get that name from your kids? It is a traditional name used in our family. I notice many of the different nationalities in our culture traditionally use specific & different terms gramps, papa, abuelo, etc. Is this part of that? Thanks~

Yes Chad. My granddaughter started calling me PopPops. And I just stuck with it.

I came across another carb. I’m not sure if it’s worth rebuilding or not. Holley 6R 1833B.

That carb was given to me but I’m still not sure what route to go. And I got a HEI already. Had to remove the power steering pump and bracket to install it ( which I didn’t mind cause the pump was locked up anyway) and I’m gust trying to get it to be in a driving condition to play with my ‘66

When oil starts dripping from the housing. I can fix that & recurve it at the same time. Bill

PopPops":95s0k5zg said:
...I’m not sure if it’s worth rebuilding or not. Holley 6R 1833B...
Not sure what that is. We go by model, those #s kinda refine it for re-build kit once carb is IDed.
Could B a 1920, a 1940, 4150, 4150G, 4160, 5200C, etc, etc...
Here, try this, it should be identified 1st:
https://www.carburetor-parts.com/Carburetors_c_981.html

Most kids take their lead from the adults around them. I was hoping to
get underneath that a lill. I can understand you might not wanna talk abt
it here AND now, thnx.

EDIT:
fhis might B even beddah:
https://www.carburetor-parts.com/Holley_c_26.html

Thanks for your help bro. The carb is a Holley 1904. One is supposed to have a glass bowl but it’s missing and the other has the regular bowl. Both are in pieces and I might be able to put it together to make a good one for now.

pretty collectable, we'd use only if having an Offie trip intake to go w/2 more....
(y)
(sorry, should replace "we" with "I").
:nono:

not sure this will come out. I need the upfate Perry's workin on for our site. Haven't learned the system yet, he may B makin it easier (suposed to be a pic of an offie pre '70, post'70 for our sm 6 heads).

PopPops":2b497av2 said:
Thanks. I’ll keep these as a backup. Incase I eventually go that route
just need 1 more & the correct offie (3, 4 hundred bucks).
~PM sent~

The car has a Holley 1940 that I rebuilt and realized there are pieces missing and I wanted to do away with loads Matic and that carb and the two I have are the 1904.

I have one 1940 and two1904

Back