Budget Turbo

Codfish777

I have two options. 289 with auto 3 speed.

or keep the numbers matching 170CI/ 4 speed.

Questions.

1. If I use a solid float will the factory carb support 5 psi.

2. I understand the load o matic works off ventri and vacuum. When the carb is blown through, does boost actually advance timing/ or lower it?

I read at some point it works on ventri, I was wondering if it would create a false vacuum on the ventri.....Or does it not advance timing due to the boost?

That would actually be awesome if it wouldn't advance timing.
Thanks

Autozone has Nitrile Floats for the 1100 Autolite.

I need to know is how to make a return line port on the carburator.

The car is in my cousins carport across town. So Im not able to look at the manifold tonight.

Can I Flip the exhaust manifold and bolt back up with a seal?

Thank you Todd

You could use a T fitting on fuel line at carb inlet and add a line to return it to the fuel tank. If you mean to boast reference the fuel bowl drill top cover and tap install a fitting or maybe just epoxy one to it

The bolt pattern is staggered on the ports so it won't bolt up again when flipped

bubba22349":1vl91hnt said:

You could use a T fitting on fuel line at carb inlet and add a line to return it to the fuel tank. If you mean to boast reference the fuel bowl drill top cover and tap install a fitting or maybe just epoxy one to it

The bolt pattern is staggered on the ports so it won't bolt up again when flipped
Thanks.

Would you have a picture of a drilled port.
Thanks

Do yourself a favor; don't do any performance mods on a car equipped with the Load-O-Crap distributor.

Get a distributor that has a mechanical advance, or go with a Duraspark II.

Back