All Small Six Electric Turbos?

This relates to all small sixes
On a blow through system the intercooler is between the turbocharger and the carburetor and there is no fuel in the intercooler.
On a draw through system, the intercooler still has to be after the turbocharger but now it is filed with a large volume of air/fuel mixture which is not safe.

If you are doing a draw through into a turbocharger you won’t need a screen.
The turbocharger compressor will homogenize the mixture.
The one problem with the draw through is the lack of an intercooler.
With draw through you get the cooling effect of the fuel vapourisation, so no intercooler should be needed, if you want to go high manifold pressure water inject will do it. Any trubo, super will mix the fuel and air very nicely. you could always go propane!

And the second is that newer turbos do not have the carbon oil seals that draw-through turbos were designed with. We've tried a couple draw-through, but the high closed-throttle vacuum works real hard to pull oil past the shaft seals in non-carbon seal versions. If using a TBI, I'd just do blow-through as it doesn't care like a carb would, or need anything special to do it. TBI with built-in fuel pressure regulator need blow-through to alter boost fuel pressure, the IAT sensor can see actual boost temperatures for corrections, and you can't use a bypass valve ('BOV') for a few more considerations.

The minute that they say electric turbo, you know they are conning you. There is nothing turbo about it, they know that turbo is thought as more power, so they use that name.
It should be called ''fantastic super-duper electric super charger''.
Turbo is short for turbine, Turbine is an efficient like water wheel. The exhaust gas goes through the turbine side ''hot side'' to drive the compressor supercharger ''cold side''.

Go for a twin screw supercharger, Whipple opcon sprintex, much better for a street driver. you will have to design a belt drive whichever way you go. the centrifugal compressor has one problem inherant to it, the pressure goes up with the square of the rpm, so no pressure at low rpm, loys at high rpm, great for bonneville running not much use on the street. The twin screw compressors will make pressure at low rpm and the manifold pressure is mostly dependant on throttle opening. I have a Sprintex twin screw (lysholm type), I have boost at any time any rpm, it just makes the engine feel much bigger than it is. mine is a 200ci, it drives like its a 351. The cost is about the same, but perfromaance is much easier to get along with.
What about the Eaton superchargers that came on Super Coupes and such?

You know that we just post stuff about superchargers just so we can see this picture, right? In all seriousness, though, you did a great job! Do you have drawing of you setup?
Guilty as charged, I have fallen into the trap! Sorry i am proud of what I've done, so please excuse the bragging. No drawings, i did do some sketches for my own reference when i made all the stuff. I made most of it at my work, I had a milling machine and lathe at my disposal, the rest I made at home. Ill throw a picture of the manifold, with the bypass valve.RIMG0017.JPGxp ute 076.JPG

I wish I could get your setup. There are no aluminum heads or crossflow heads available here in the states. I wonder how much it would cost to ship one to me 🤔

I wish I could get your setup. There are no aluminum heads or crossflow heads available here in the states. I wonder how much it would cost to ship one to me 🤔
Been done, Jack Collins import 2 many years ago, someone on this forum has one. IMO if your starting from scratch, get the later SOHC six, this overcomes all the problems of pushrods instantly. Best one was rated at 172kW.

I've purchased an EB engine over a year ago that no one wanted. Got around $800 into it.
Rated at 148 kW (198 hp)
Amazing how interest in these engines comes and goes.

Attachments

• EB 4.0 Front.jpg
    EB 4.0 Front.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 3
  • EB 4.0 Left Side.jpg
    EB 4.0 Left Side.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 3
  • EB 4.0 Right Side.jpg
    EB 4.0 Right Side.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 3
  • EB 4.0 Rear.jpg
    EB 4.0 Rear.jpg