EDIS 6 install, need some help

rellinn

Hey all,

I am in the process of changing my setup from turbo to supercharger (Eaton M112)
I am also changing the ignition system to EDIS 6. I found parts from Explorer 97 and have been
trying to figure out the wiring. What I have is coil pack 90TF-12029. It is like the one in first picture.

My question is how to wire the coil to the module?
I came up with this wiring after reading some posts here on the forum and it inspired me to do this setup. (thesameguy)
Is this doable?

any help appreciated,

thanks,
Bragi

The wiring you show in the lower picture for the spark plug wire and the module is correct.
I don't follow the path shown by the arrows.
Starting with cylinder#1 the coil firing order is simply C A B C A B

Will you be using EFI or a carburetor?

pmuller9, thank you for sorting this out. It is very easy to be confused with this wiring since there are different type of coil packs to use. I will then wire the module as pictured. I will put some picture of the wiring later on for future references.

Intake manifold is Offenhauser 360° and the supercharger will be bolted directly to it with spacer.
I am still in the process of figuring out the pulley ratio.
Fuel will be EFI, and I use system from AirSensors inc. It was a pioneering company in adding computerised control to older engines. They where located in Seattle if I remember right.
System will be multiport fuel injection, so I drilled the manifold for the injectors. The ECU is then mounted inside the cabin and from there I can control cruise mix, idle mix, cold mix, load and accel start. I will post pictures of my build if someone is interested.

If you figure for an engine Volumetric Efficiency of 80% you can drive the supercharger near a 2:1 ratio.

Will the head have any port work?
What cam are you planning on using?
Have you figured a way of retarding the timing during boost?
I hope you don't mind the questions.

I don´t mind the quesstions, just let them come.
The motor is from 1975 and repaired around 1993. The head is ported and bigger valve used, probably chevy. Crane rocker arms 1.7 and stiffer springs.
To my knowledge the original cam is in the engine.
This worked well for my turbo setup. It was boosting 5 lbs.
We have 95 octane here.
My intention is to use EDIS 6 with Megajolt computer. With that I hope I can dial in the timing.

I have original 2.9" 8 rib pulley on the supercharger and 6.8" v belt on the motor. This is close to 2.3 ratio.

This purpose of the Bronco is off road in snow and driving over glaciers and rivers. I need the low torque and the motor will never see rpm above 4000. I also need to think of desent milage. Here are some pictures of my 81 Bronco with the same motor.

Oh that's pretty cool.
There are a lot of ice fisherman here.
It's been a warm winter. ;) :LOL:
Truck1_zpsh1tce3tz.jpg

Truck2_zps0zbbfxsa.jpg

Edited: photos work now?

Jackfish, There is no image.
I look forward to see it :)

I use my jeeps to go fishing during the summer, flyfishing brown trout.

rellinn":1q6y2ppy said:
Jackfish, There is no image.
I look forward to see it :)

I use my jeeps to go fishing during the summer, flyfishing brown trout.
Fantastic, we have some lakes here stocked with browns, not the real ones you have!

clintonvillian":29qq0tgb said:
What do pins 2, 3, 4 correspond too?

those pins, are for the 3 wasted spark coils in the coil pack, I.E. if you put 12V to pin one, and short pin 2 to ground, 2 of the spark outputs should fire, pin 3 would give a different set of outputs to fire, same with pin 4.

Back