EDIS

Kstang

I am looking at doing a EDIS setup with MegaSquirt II v3.0. I guess the biggest issue is the crank trigger with the 36-1 wheel. I was looking around on ebay and i was wondering if any of you would know if something like this would work:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/EDIS-36- ... enameZWD1V

I think from what he is saying they are for a 2.3 motor. Now i remember one of the guys on the forum saying that the 2.3 was very close to 3.3l's. Does any one know if this is a stock part i can go pull from a JY for much cheaper?

Thanks

Kevin

those are being made by a guy on turboford.net.

the trigger wheel can be pressed off a factory crank pulley of any EDIS ford motor.

I have though of taking a two groove pulley and just notching the one groove to work as a trigger wheel.

you could prob make a section to bolt on the end of stock pulley using the puller holes.

my plan....

4.0L pulley sleeve (got it for free and is a HAIR bigger than a 200 pulley sleeve and near same width as a two groove pulley) going to have it and the 36-1 wheel bored out and pressed on a thin sleeve with the same ID as the stock pulley and tack welded in place (basicly make them a unit that can be used to replace a stock pulley sleeve)

then have the whole works "rebonded" at a balancer rebuilder. the fun part is finding where I want the pickup located and then building to match that.

Back