Injector impedance help

84FordVan

I am wondering something. I know that with an ecu designed to run only with high impedance injectors, running low impedance injectors will draw too much current through the circuits and burn them out. My question is, can one run high impedance injectors on a low impedance ecu? There would theoretically be a lesser load on the circuits if I'm not mistaken. Any input on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

I am not sure, but I bet there is an answer on the megasquirt manual site. Electrically it would make sense and be fine, but electronically I am not sure. I don't have enough background in electronics to know if a power consumption or load requirment needs to be obtained for certain MOSFET transistors. It seems to me I remember seeing that the megasquirt flyback board for driving low impedance injectors was compatible with high impedance injectors. My Dad runs the flyback on his GM TBI in his boat and I think I remember reading about compatibility.

Like I said, rummaging through the megasquirt site should give you a clear answer for the megasquirt. As far as other ECMs like driving high impedance injectors with a GM TBI ECM I am not sure.

Thanks! I'll check the megamanual, hopefully I'll find something. I was thinking about running a Holley Pro-Jection ECU with stock efi parts and 24# injectors. Since the Holley ECU fires the injectors alternately, it would make for a good bank fire system I would think.

Back