New project Eaton M90 and EFI on my early Bronco 200

All the parts I speak of have had millons of dollars of development, and are reliable. I think an attempt was made to sue Davis Craig over the EWP, but that was more over fitting instructions. The Aussie EF/EL balancer, 4.9 Fuelie six truck serpentine drive and EWP would probably survive a nuclear attack. The EECIV may not, but the EFI unit and ECM are the best around, and again, Ford did the development, so they are bomb proof.

Johnsondawg, I think you'll ace your single belt serpentine belt drive set up by your own efforts.

Injectors

Johnsondawg":la4fq5kq said:
....The EFI will be a Modified Ford setup. We are currently reworking a Ford F150 300 EFI harness and we will control it with a Mustang A9L or A9P ECU from a 5.0 Mustang. The harness will also be converted to Mass Air like the 89-93 Mustang. We are going to run the stock head and have the log head machined to use #24 injectors. The Supercharger is an Eaton M90 from a 2000 Pontiac. All of the harness work and tuning work is being done by a friend of mine who knows far more about that aspect of the project than i do.....

How are you mounting them.

45 degrees from horizontal like this from drag-200stang

viewtopic.php?t=27536

IMG_0410A.jpg

injection.jpg

or 90 degrees from horizontal like this from XFlow_Fairlane

viewtopic.php?t=37661

chad":2mqv9tgu said:
interesting... 2 much modification (cost, time) for me right now, but THAT would B 1 way to get an ele fan in 8^0...
(supposed to B a joke, sorry).
ele WP, ele fan, all the monitors/controllers/wires/etc, idler & tensioner, serpentine belt
I think I could bring in my "on board air" & 200 amp alternator at that point. They recommend NOT hard mounting the pump. Hope it (& the rest) would survive the 'bump'n grind' of log skiddin I do round here! Hate to hafta walk out/back in w/tools due to a break down...

Thanks for lettin me jack ur thread, Johnson.... I think I remember when U found that rig in some sorta mill in the desert?

Where are U with the build NOW?
Doesn't seem like it will B an off roader, eh?

There is virtually no work in Log EFI conversion if you wanna be cheap!.

There are Three methods.

The Innovation is 100% American! Or perhaps Belgian people from Ghent

Method 1. You can use a Transco 2-bbl to 1-bbl adapter, and run a 2-bbl EFI 4.9 throttle body on top, with just enough room for 6 injectors using drag-200stang or xflow Fairlane's method of injector mounting. Fiddle with fuel pressure and injector sizing, and do a DurasparkII to Ford TFI or GM HEI control unit conversion, and your ready to go.

For me, its Method 2. Lincs200 and xflow Fairlane's combined. When Lincs 200 came up with a Sidewinder external ducting to the out log like this,

logintakemod.jpg

I knew I could put a 2-bbl on the log and get it flowing well enough for port EFI. You can't direct mount it like the traditional direct mount Small Ford Six log because it gets in the way of the injectors. You can direct mount it the conventional V8 2-bbl way, and run a secondary manifold Lincs 200 style under the outside. Here's how I did mine.

Method 3 is to add the 4.9 Big six EFI intake to the log head lower, using AK Millers system

The Speed Density 87-96 EECIV computers are very adaptable to the 200 six if you use the right adaptor, and so is the common as mud 87 to 96 F150 4.9 EFI Big Six 2-bbl 1.85 Motorcraft throttle body. Its just a 2100 Autolite/2150Motorcraft/Holley 2300 2-bbl base with some jiggery trickery added.

http://www.bigblocksix.com/Eddie/injectorswap/

I'm using a totally stock looking set up with the T/B/X code stock air cleaner, but a split 280ZX L28 or 300ZX VE30 style fuel rail, 12 pound injectors, F2 code 4.9 F150 throttle body, and a special Lincs 200 style outer adapter.

gb500":2mlrr4qd said:
what size (dia) are those f150 throttle bodies ?

1. The factory 87-96 I6 Twin Valve ones are quite small, dual 1.85 inches, or 47 mm's. Its equivalent to a stock single 2.62 inch/66.6 mm throttle body, and better in equivalent size to what Ford used in earlier sedan, specialty coupe or small SUV 4.0 SOHC or, 4.2V6 or 5.0. It matched the Ford Explorer 1996-98 4.0SOHC/5.0L, which was 65mm single for 205 to 225 hp. The Fuel Injection versions of the 4.9 Big Six, 5.0/5.8/7.5 Big Block used some big mutha junker twin throttle bodies. The passenger 5.0 car motors didn't have the dual throttle bodies.

2. In Aussie F150 trucks after they killed the 216 hp 4-bbl Cleveland 5.8 in 1985, you 'll see the bank fire, speed density 195 hp 5.0 with twin throttle body. This may have been what George used in his Turbo X-FLOW Cortina.

The other 1986 to 1997 truck 5.0/5.8's tb's are different to the 4.9 EFI I6, bored out about 150 thou to twin 2.00-2.05 inch or 51-52 mm, but the runners on all those Windsor small block trucks are huge and can take aftermarket 56 mm throttle bodies without even trying. The stock twin 5.0/5.8 throttle bodies are equivalent to a single 2.83 inch/72mm throttle body. Even though the E series vans with next to no internal engine bay space got these big a$$ twin valve throttle bodies, as all the F and E trucks Ford's trucks had fewer height related space limitations than unlike the Ranger/Explorer/Falcon/Mustang Fox body Windsors.

3. There is a factory 2.25" twin throttle body ( 58 mm) for 03 Cobras and V10's, but its lower, and not so friendly to fit. http://untamnd.com/grams/tb. Suppliers like BBK Power-Plus make even bigger stuff in the dual 2.21/2.40/2.76 inch (56/61 and 70 mm) range.

No one likes the early twin throttle body F and E series stuff because it was 9 times out of 10 Speed Density. The exceptions were the 1996 OBDII's, and 1994 on Cali F's and E's. Those asside, they were SD systems. Seams like everyone likes hotwire MAF sensor bits, its so much easier, but the SD stuff sure is cheap, and you can down grade its fuel delivery specs easily to suit a 200 or 250 small six.

There never was more trucks sold than F150's. You can't hide a single throttle body and MAF sensor in a stock I6 air cleaner like you can with the Big Six 4.9 stuff.

If you want to go crazy, you can use Method 3 to make up a tube intake log adapter like Peter Knott's 170 Roundbody Falcon's 280 hp cross over intake upper manifold.

Getting back to what you can do with a few tubes and some knowledge, Paul Knott is getting an E38 style 280 hp at as low as 6500 rpm from just 170 cubes in his 62XK Falcon.
See http://www.fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=70764

Its a blend of 4.9 EFI and Weber DCOE 45's. On Fordtruckfanatics.com, johny89 is from Koekelare in Belgium. That place on innovation again...His F150 Big Six with CA 300 on LPG shows how the twin throttle body and EFI plenum gives space for everything including a supercharger. http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/forum/ ... hp?t=34150

------>

Replace the M90 where the Impco CA 300 air cleaner is.

Its a little like the Army of Six "My mega squirt install" Mar 02, 2009 EFI 240 update. viewtopic.php?p=430533 In the instance of EFI-ing a little 200 log six, you add a custom new lower part to the log, rather than a new custom upper EFI part. You can use the stock 4.9 EFI upper as is. The Big Six has inlet 1 and Inlet 6 22.40 inches apart, while the Small six has differential pitching of the inlets, and inlet 1 and Inlet 6 on the log head are about 18.70 inches apart. So the outers need to be brought down to the log head spacings by about 1.85 inches (the difference 22.40-18.70, divided by two) each side on the outer inlets. Or you just do an Ak Miller http://www.classicinlines.com/HA1.asp and add four pipes by braising, then perhaps two extra sidewinders to the outer welsh plugs on the log. The log intakes vary from 21.25 to 21.85" long, and a 22.4 inch spacing 4.9 EFI manifold would then fit with ease, each of the six pipes would then line up with the upper intake with the utmost simplicity.

Photo0068.jpg

A 50% drop in capacity from 300 cubes to 200 isn't a major,when you can control injector size and fuel pressure. SD EFI gets screwed up when the pulse timings are out of sequence, so you'll only have to run the stock 110 degree lob centers that the 240 and 300 268 degree cam did, and then fiddle with the fuel delivery pressure and/or injector sizes to suit.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10360 ... ers-8.html

For big 250 engines, you can go up on lobe center to 112, up on lift to about 500 thou, go up on cam intensity and thus up on duration to about 210 at 50 thou, and it should still run nice. For a 200, you'll have to stay back to 260 to 268 degrees at lash, and less than 205 deg at 50 thou. Stock 110 lobe centers should be okay. Lift gets risky over 450 thou without valve gear mods.

http://www.fordsix.com/forum/viewtopic. ... &view=next

You can go up in lift and duration, and change cam retard and advance as long as you don't hit the cam casting with the conrods.

Back