Pseudo balancing a stock bottom end

63falconATX

Say fellas, with an entirely stock bottom end, with pistons and con rods assembled, I'm looking at a delta from 180g to 190g across the six. I've no plans to separate these parts for this build and the crank was not balanced. My question, is it worth me removing material to narrow down the delta?

Thanks!

63falconATX":1fp87bec said:
Say fellas, with an entirely stock bottom end, with pistons and con rods assembled, I'm looking at a delta from 180g to 190g across the six. I've no plans to separate these parts for this build and the crank was not balanced. My question, is it worth me removing material to narrow down the delta?

Thanks!

Getting the weight closer like within a 1 1/2 grams would help though on an inline engine it's not as critical as it is in a V type engine. But with out separating the pistions there isn't much you can change you need to know if the extra weight differance is at the pin end or at the big end of the rod, so you know we're to remove the weight. I guess you could weigh each of the piston / rod combos minus the caps to see if you notice any differance. Good luck (y) :nod:

63falconATX":xq1z1vwm said:

Thanks!
One thing you do is make pairs that are more equal in weight. Put a heavy and light together to make three more equal pairs. Then put a pair on companion throws. 1&6, 2&5, 3&4.

Back