All Small Six 200 with a factory turbo?

This relates to all small sixes
I have a 170 in my 71 bronco. I bought a used 200 head that appears to be a factory turbo flange bolted to the exhaust manifold. He said it was pulled off a 70s granada. It looks factory to me but it's my understanding ford never made a turbo factory inline 6 in the US of any kind? The head also has the intake cast into the head. Was there some turbo 200s that made it out of the factory? Was this just a very good custom cast iron weld job? Or is this something that came from overseas? I know they made turbo 200s in australia but I thought all the turbo car had removable intake manifolds? Maybe it was just the aussie exhaust manifold bolted to the US head?

Hi and welcome to the Ford Six Forum eou_edu, yes your right there were not any Ford Factory Turbo 200 Six's that were made here in the USA. However there where several aftermarket companies that made some very good Turbo Kits here. Yes some Pictures would help to ID what you have.

Pics would help. I'd love to see it.
I would have pics but the manifold is sort of buried in parts at the moment......... I didn't really intent to turbo the bronco. But it would be so easy to do. The 200 head would lower the compression on the 170 engine perfect for a turbo. I bought a WRX turbo with no shaft play or visible wear and adjustable wastegate for $50. It would just be too easy to do!

Just dug it out and it wasn't exactly what I remembered when I put it away. It is an aftermarket set up and they had also modified the intake for a carb with a very unusual bolt pattern. So now I'm trying to figure that out.

I would have pics but the manifold is sort of buried in parts at the moment......... I didn't really intent to turbo the bronco. But it would be so easy to do. The 200 head would lower the compression on the 170 engine perfect for a turbo. I bought a WRX turbo with no shaft play or visible wear and adjustable wastegate for $50. It would just be too easy to do!
would you be willing to sell it

Catalytic converter manifold?

Ford should have made turbo six's but no Ford OEM USA until turbo 4 (AFAIK)
maybe ...

hav e fun
What is the exhaust manifold with the dual outlet in the bottom pic and is it installed on the head upside down?

Back