new engine build

64falconsix

Supporter 2022
Supporter 2018
while the tri power will still power the 64 for a couple more years, I am planning and collecting parts for the next build. here Is the basic plan ,If you have input or expirience with N2o let me know what you think. 200 forged pistons, total seal rings,forged prepped (shotpeened and polished beams) rods with ARP bolts. balanced with a performance damper. C.I. aluminum head with 180/150 valves ,street /strip port 9.5 to 1 compression. 264/110 cam with 1.65 roller rockers. I will run the 4 barrell intake with a 100 hp N2o adjustable plate system, the DUI and dual outlet header from the tri-power will go on the new build. I am planning to keep the c/4 and around a 3.25 rear gear. I would like to keep peak torque and power below 5,000 rpm , I see in the dyno room at C.I. the same basic combo without N2o making peak power at 4800 rpm which would be great. I don't put very many miles on this car so I don,t mind running premium fuel or whatever to keep detonation away.also any guesses to hp output on this combo with the N2o. I do understand that a 100hp shot (jet)will not produce 100hp on 200 cubes. I am just looking for more power than the tri-power makes without running a turbo or supercharger.

Sounds like a very good plan on the bottom end and head combo! You might call the cam grinder they sometimes can have special grinds just to optimize for N2O kind of like a blower cam grind favoring the exhaust side. May not matter with a 100 shot though. Good luck on the build :nod:

Back