141ci 2.3 flat top pistons

A

Anonymous

Any one have any luck finding 141ci 2.3 HSC pistons anywhere? Iv looked at auto zone and napa and they dont list them, all they got are the ones for the 140 ci witch are .100 too big and I cant fnd an order form at KB silvolite. If anyone could tell me where i could order them it would help me out alot. I need to get them soon so i can get my motor together this week :LOL:

Sealed Power/Federal Mogul carries them in sizes up to .060 overbore. I bought mine at my local CarQuest in town here.

Later,

Doug

The AutoZoo here can order them, but the counter dummy will need to know the year and model of the car you have. Just tell them you have a 90 Ford Tempo.

Autozoo has the ability to order them. I think you can get them in standard, 20, 30, 40, and 60 over.

I can check to see if advance carries them when I get to work on Tuesday morning.

Yes, I just took a job slinging parts at Advance. *hangs his head in shame*

I know it doesn't help much, but I got 4 extra stock Topaz pistons. Only 97K on them.

Can some one give me a site where i can order them from I need to get them as soon as possible iv been tryin to find these damn pistons forever and they are holding me up :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish:

I just went through this. The stock 2.3L HSC piston is 3.674 and your stock piston is 3.682. Then if you use moly or chrome rings instead of cast, you need to tell your machinist as well. He will take that into account if you are boring out any.
Gary

The spec for a 2.3 Tempo is 3.68". There may be as much as .006" variation but that's not the nominal spec. Whenever you bore and hone for new pistons you do it for the size of the piston. That may be bigger or smaller.

DONT ORDER FROM ADVANCE AUTO I ordered a set of 4 hsc pistons and 2 single ones. They told me they couldnt get the set but they could get the 2, how the hell are they gonna get the 2 but not 4? There a bunch of yahoos :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: :devilish: any one know where i can get some HSC pistons with out all the bull sh*t

Does anyone one even make a pistons for the 141 L4 I mean its so hard to find em Im beginning to wonder if I can even get any. Iv been looking for ever now and need to get them overnighted if im gonna use them because i wannted to have my engine together this week but dont look like its gonna happen :roll:

Just alittle tip I discovered. 2.3 HSC pistons are flat; 2.3 HSO (HO HSC) pistons have a slight dome.

Frankly, I don't understand why you're having so much trouble. Like I said, I just order six singles (I think they're $17.99 from AutoZoo) and usually have them in one or two days. The only hard part has been explaining to the CD why I need six.

Back