1964 Econoline upgrade

throw a true 9 inch on (big bearing axles, 5 on 5.5) and a 300 (or 250) motor
get some air bags

Yes, a big box Falcon,
Jeesh, my bronk aint a truck either
(a 4 WD 'stang or falcon too)

have fun, don't demoralize, build…
(but B realistic too).

I just didn't want to have to haul a trailer, I'm horrible at backing one up. But a trailer would be a better fit, really. Then I could go over 1 ton without an issue. And for the smaller runs, and deliveries, I can use the easy loading capacity of the 8 doors...

TheAardvark":2ociapf2 said:
I just didn't want to have to haul a trailer, I'm horrible at backing one up. But a trailer would be a better fit, really. Then I could go over 1 ton without an issue. And for the smaller runs, and deliveries, I can use the easy loading capacity of the 8 doors...

You likely want brakes on the trailer, either surge, or electric if you have hills...

And if it was me six ply tires for the Econoline but not sure if they come in 14's.

The "frames" were beefed up in 64, then made thicker still in 65. At least it isn't 61-63, those are the thinnest.

Compression 120-130 across the board. So, it looks like new exhaust manifold, a carb rebuild, new wires, cap and rotor, (plugs were brand new) some gaskets, some paint and we're a swappin!

:beer: that's great news you should be up and running again quickly now! Good luck :nod:

Back