64 f350 unknown motor questions

A

Anonymous

need help here with my 64 f350 truck, the vin describes it as a 292 truck with a 4 spd tranny and a 5.13:1 rear end, thje engine in it now is a straight 6 , unknown size it has a bad piston in it and rather than rebuild it i want to rplace it , the motor is a front motor mounted style with the dist and oil filter at front passenger side the tranny in it looks like its for a v8 tho as its way wider then the motor and it has a pto on it for the hoist , any help in identifying this motor would b appreciated as i also want to know what size motor i can replace it with without changing transmissions

If it is a 61-64 262 it will have two reinforceing bars on the left side of block above the pan rail ther will letters C - TE the number in center is the year The 223 has one reinforcement the ones i have checked letters EAA the id is on the left above the pan rail in the center

ok tanx for the info i went n looked and the stuff i saw was 68u5 ebp 6015-H can ya tell me what these numbers mean? and what engine family can i replace it with to bolt up to the tranny , or if the engine is worth revuilding or not, one of the pistons seems to have melted away in the cylinder but the walls arent damaged just maybe needs a new crosshatching done

the only nunber i know is 6015 the base part nunber for the engen go to mustang corral maybe (I66 coupe) they can tell what they mean

well i looked at ur site , the valve cover has 2 nuts holding it downand i blieve there were15 or 17 head bolts they were 5/8 heads on em, i measured the stroke with a tape measure and it was 3 & 5/8s inches i didnt follow the metric conversion as was an imperial tape lol, the distributor was located at the front and the oil filter just behind it and the fuel pump right behind that, was only 4 bigger sized bolts holding it to the bell housing and numerous lil 1/2 inch bolts holding the shield in place, the numbers on ur site dont match up with whats on the block tho unfortueately

The 223 is about 3 5/8" bore by 3 9/16" stroke. Sounds like what you got. The 262 is over 4" stroke.

thanks for the info guys i now know i need a 22 and found one in edmonton with 125 across the board in compression for 600 bux hopefully itll only take a few days shipping to get it here and ill b on the road again, maybe my next project will b hoppin it up a bit after i get it, ill b picking ur brains on that to prolly if yas dun mind to much :p

just curious does the 292 and 312 have the same bell housing as the 223 and 262? in case i wanna go v8 on it later

If you come accross a need for it, I have a good head (probably needs a valve job) for that motor sitting in my garage. You can have it for the cost of shipping (or anyone else that might want it).

Its for an older 223, with the 2 bolts to hold the valve cover on instead of the 8 newer 223's use.

Back