carb and fuel set up? for a straight 6, 82 fairmont 1bbl.

ryan11":1gxe8rm1 said:
havent been around in a while,but anyone have pics of were you taped your oil pan????
also my car came with that catted manifold,so what cars with years,, came with the non catted manifold?

If I recall correctly cats came out on the inline six in 1975 so All Fox bodies should have them.

A common manifold is the 1969 to 1974 2.00in opening manifold, If you buy one used ask ti see if it has been checked for cracks. Cracking on the manifolds is a common problem.

A tubular turbo header would work wonders. No one makes one as of yet but a couple are supposed to be in the works.

JackFish":g5nmfkqa said:
Anlushac11":g5nmfkqa said:
If I recall correctly cats came out on the inline six in 1975 so All Fox bodies should have them.
Uh no, my '78s have a normal manifold.

Are you the original owner of the car? Did someone change it before you?

Curious how it got out of the factory with no light off catalytic converter on the exhaust manifold. The engine I have is all D8 casting numbers and it has the light off converter manifold.

Both cars have the standard manifold, one was bought in North Dakota, the other here in Winnipeg. the Winnipeg car was built in Kansas City, not sure on the other. Pretty common on the Fairmonts of that vintage, but at the junkyards here you see the other manifold on '80's and up Mustangs and Capris, Granadas and Monarchs.

Back