Eaton M-90 running

Hi Inline6Merc,

I used two belts because I was trying to use the original pulley that came with the supercharger. Needless to say it didn't work. The belts wouldn't stay on at all. So I sketched up a pulley with the same dimensions as the original but with two v's for the v belts. I still haven't gotten it perfect, it has thrown the belts again at 6000 RPM so I'm playing with the alignment of the blower. Slot all your holes in the brackets for maximum play to let you adjust for true belt alignment. I may try a stronger spring on the idler arm.

Bob

+68coupe+":2zkjfl5z said:
it has thrown the belts again at 6000 RPM so I'm playing with the alignment of the blower.

I can tell you from experience that alignment is critical to not throwing the belts at high rpms. When I added a paxton centrifugal supercharger to the rotary engine in my RX-7, it took a lot of adjusting.
pic00001b.jpg

I want to see the printout. I am kinda curious about the HP and TRQ curve. I would think it would make tons of torque down low.

:x :x :x I blew it up!

Missed third---bang! There was water and oil covering the road till I could get it stopped.

Tow truck brought me home.

Bob

+68coupe+":14p8s9qd said:
:x :x :x I blew it up!

Missed third---bang! There was water and oil covering the road till I could get it stopped.

Tow truck brought me home.

Bob

:cry: :cry: :cry:

When the autopsy results are published I would like to know the cause of death.

I am sorry to hear that. I know it sucks. I was looking forward to getting the details of the combo. I would still like to see the pics of the setup. I would like to do the same.

I wouldn't have it any other way. A worn-out hot motor is sadder still.

Sorry about the cost. Sure that the next incarnation will be even more special!

feel your pain
what doesn't kill us only makes us stronger.
your ride will be even better!
we all get caught up in getting more out of our 6's I guess we should give some thought to overboost protection and or rev limiters.
it wouldn't take much to run a hobbs switch to kill ignition and fuel (a solenoid for mech fuel or kill electric fuel pump). or rev limiter on msd box.

Back