All Small Six Holley 350 cfm vs. Weber 38/38

This relates to all small sixes
I’m looking at possibly replacing my Weber 38/38 that I’m running on my large log stock 200 in my Mustang. I’ve been looking looking at the Holley Avenger 350 cfm. Anybody running the Holley? Do you like it? Is it peppy? My Weber definitely woke up my 200. Just curious if I would see similar performance and reliability. Thanks

Hi, I put the older Holly 350 on the 200 in my Bronco. After minor jet and squirt nozzle tweaking it is working great.
What is going on that makes you think about changing carbs?
Both carbs are a little big for these engines.
Good luck

I run a Holley 7748-350 on my engine during the winter.
Has great drivability.
It is a lot easier to jet & adjust.
Many part available.

I'm running the Holley on my 80 granada cylinder head, 200 cu in six package, I still have a slight hesitation of idle, overlooking that it is a great package. Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Air Conditioning, Three Speed Auto. I've changed the squirter to the largest Holley has available, but still have that hesitation. I suspect a vacuum leak but have yet to find it.

I'm running the Holley on my 80 granada cylinder head, 200 cu in six package, I still have a slight hesitation of idle, overlooking that it is a great package. Power Steering, Power Disc Brakes, Air Conditioning, Three Speed Auto. I've changed the squirter to the largest Holley has available, but still have that hesitation. I suspect a vacuum leak but have yet to find it.
You may need a different accelerator pump cam. Make sure it is adjusted properly.
When you move the throttle the pump lever should start to move. There should be no air gap from both levers at the contact point.

Bubba, I got the Holley tuning kit with all the different colored cams, but when running the 50cc pump only a few of them work with the wider cam arm. I do see your point about the adjustment and will try a reset, now that it is running again. I do have an air gap that could be closed down, so perhaps that is the cause of my problem.

You don't need a 50 cc pump. The stock pump is fine. The stock pump nozzle is also ok as well as the stock plastic cam. On my 350 mine came with the orange cam.
If your pump lever is too wide at the cam, i just grind some off so it just contacts the cam. Again on your build that should not be necessary.

Last edited:
X2 yes the 50cc reo accelerator pump is way to much of a fuel shot Having to much of an accelerator pump shot will also cause a bog from all the extra fuel. Best of luck

Back