I've created a Monster... NEW PICS!

Congrates Jimbo, thats great news. Guess its time for Mustangaroo to add you to his list of 200's on OZ steroids. :LOL:

I have no problem getting my idle down, but with the 280 cam, she gets pretty rough if I drop it below 800. But I've always loved a lopey idle. 8)

Good Job!

My idle is around 1,000 also. I can get it down lower but it seems good in this range.

Mike, mine is a little lopey at 1000... it dies if you go any lower... but I am still adjusting things a bit....

but it runs like a champ at 1000.... good power, no bogg, starts and turns off fine, and no ping at 16 degrees... so I am not too concerned yet.. I want to get a few more miles on before I get too tough with it.... adjusting the vavles today. see if that makes any difference...

Congratulations, she's a beaut!!!

I can't wait to get my headers on. What size exhaust pipe did you go with? I'm thinking 2" on mine.

Jimbo, tightening the adjuster nut on the clutch fork will raise the clutch pedal height and, thus, the engagement point. be sure to use a jam nut behind the adjuster to keep it from changing position. The T/O bearing will ride on the pressure plate fingers, but only the weight of the pedal is pressing on it. It's going to be low for a while. Brand new clutch - thick disk - lot's of grab. You did remove the original clutch pedal spring right? I'd have your dad work the clutch pedal and see if you can see the cable flex any. The straighter and more secure you can keep it, the easier the pedal pressure.

Yeah I had the adjuster too far off the fork, so it was catching too close to the floor... but it is still too stiff.

I got a charlie horse today driving around, I went ahead and bought the Mustang Steve setup... it will definitely have a better feel with the cable point above the pivot center and since it is pulling the cable and not pushing it.... also the bearings in the clutch pedal will make things smoother... I can keep this as a spare cable in case I break one...

it has started to loosen up a bit, makes things a little easier, but I would like to add the power brake booster as well....

Oh well, live and learn.

By the way... FYI...
I put 50 miles on the car today, and it was FUN!!!!!!
Sounds great and has mucho power!
NOBODY can believe there is a six under there, I took it in to have the output seal on the T5 changed and the guy screamed when he opened the hood... it was so much fun.

Your messin with the head of the rest of the world, with a head from the end of the earth.

True bliss. Lap it all up like a hungry dog, brother. You car is an instant classic!

Back