Kelly Does10's

AzCoupe

1K+
Departed Member
You read it right, yesterday at the 1320 race, Kelly went 10.95 @ 124mph. We were all shocked, as we didn't expect her to get into the tens until the cam change, but I’m happy to say we were wrong. :shock:

Unfortunately, she got bumped in the first round, but there wasn't anything she could have done differently. She had to spot the guy she was racing, about twenty car lenghts. When she finally got the green, she launched the Falcon and things were looking pretty good. We all knew she was going to run him down. However when she shifted into second, the torque was too much and the back tires broke loose bigtime. As a result the Falcon went sideways, started fishtailing, and she had to get out of it. By the time she got it going straight again, it was to late. She did a great job keeping it out of the wall, and kept her cool like a professional. ;)

This pics was taken just before she lost it. You can see just how much of a handicap she had to give the guy.
1320%201047.jpg

She maded three (or 4) more runs during the day and wound up winning the consolation race (which was against all the cars knocked out in the first round). Her last race was against a deuce coupe with a blown flathead. She spotted him five seconds on the tree, but still caught him at the line and pulled off the victory. Awesome driving.

The race was a huge success, with fifty plus classic and nostalgic racecars showing up. It felt like we traveled back in time, to the late sixties. The final was an inline Chevy against a flathead Ford. I took a few pics and posted them on the website (link below). I had a great time, and was completely stoked about Kelly breaking into the TENS. What a great way to spend a day.

Congrats to Kelly & Will.
Excellent.......... :D :D :D :D :D

PHOTO's http://www.inlineclassics.com/Photo1320.asp

Now that is an accomplishment!! That's unbelievable for a streetable I-6!
Congratulations... Next stop 9's!!!

What kind of rear suspension and tires are you running?

wow that is great
:party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :party:

I don't want to steal all of the thunder, so I'll let Will or Kelly post more of the details tonight, when they get home. They are still at the track racing, so they may have more news to post. I just had to post something as it was to difficult to sit here and not say anything. Who would have ever guessed they would hit the tens with a fully street legal Falcon in full trim. Maybe with no interior, fiberglass frontend, and so on, but never like this. This is awesome, and really an achivement for both Will and Kelly.

i can just see them now in a few months, once the new cam is broken in, them getting deep into the 10's and if they start to lighten the car up i can even see them hitting the 9's

Unreal, great run.
To get into the magical 10's is an awesome achievement.
Put that time card in a frame.
:D :D :) :) Will

just proves a few things.

one: who needs an 8? NOT US!!!

two: that new head has some huge perfomance in it.

three: will and kelly deserve a few rounds of their favorite beverages on us here watching them kick so much butt.

Beating a blown V8 powered Deuce coupe hot rod while driving a 6 cylinder Falcon after giving the Deuce coupe driver a 5 second lead (?!!)

-- Freakin' priceless !!!

:)

Congratulations!

shmoozo":vec9eg77 said:
Beating a blown V8 powered Deuce coupe hot rod while driving a 6 cylinder Falcon after giving the Deuce coupe driver a 5 second lead (?!!)

-- Freakin' priceless !!!

:)

Congratulations!

Well, it was only a flathead...

Truthfully, I find this motor and car very impressive. AFAIK, it's not actually that radical of a build, but is putting down some very radical numbers.

There aren't a whole lot of legitimate streetable 10 second V8 cars out there, muchless sixes.

Congratulations Kelly and Will!

Awhile back a member jumped the gun and said the Falcon was making 500hp. Well, now according to my calculations you are :D ! (I guessed the weight at 2815.)

I've been saying all along these engines love turbos. I am not surprised at the ET. Will is a great tuner and your new cylinder head makes things a lot easier.

I'm sure there is a lot more power to be found. But without slicks it is going to be very difficult to get good runs in (maybe someone could ride in the trunk ;) ).

I noticed almost 1/2 second reduction in ET from the last time out. I hope Will chimes in and tells us what changes he made.

Bort62, 10.95 pass was with 235/60/15 MT drag radials.Look at it this way NHRA Super Street runs on a 10.99 index most of them are V-8's with full cages and atleast a 12-14" slick or she could be able to run heads up with FTF's lil' roadster pickup :D

Back