My Engine Spec

InlineUK

Hi Guys and Gals,
I just thought i'd put a quick thread up with the basic spec of the engine i'm getting built over here in the UK.
There aren't many inline sixes over here so it should turn some heads at the shows!

1972 250 Block, 20 thou over.
JE forged Pistons.
Stock rods; polished and shot peened.
Stock crank; polished.
Fully balanced bottom end.
ARP studs and bolts.
Innovators West Damper.
Clay Smith 274 cam 112*
Mike's Alu head and intake; basic port job.
Demon 4bbl 575cfm blow through carb
Custom exhaust manifold.
Twin T3 50trim turbos (int. wastegates)
Approx 10psi.
Air-Air Intercooler.
DUI Dizzy.
Yella Terra 1.65 rockers.

This will all be mated to a T5 or TKO500 and an 8" rear in my 68 Mustang Hardtop.

I'd apprieciate any comments you guys have or and recommendations as this is my first engine! (Especially regarding my carb and turbo selection.)

Thanks
Nathan

Now THAT will be a nice set-up. My advice, upgrade the 8" to a 9". Seriously, with twin turbos, don't gamble with the 8" as it's only good for about 300hp. Post a lot of pics, I can't wait to see it.

wow, thats a killer 250 build up. Im with LaGrasta, lets see some pictures when its done. And yes your right, that engine would turn heads over here in the states, im sure you will have a nice crowd of on-lookers in the UK :D

um... i'm gunna take a boot over there and steal it.

:eek:

Sounds like it will be a killer build. have you thought EFI with the twin turbos?

Hi Guys,
Unfortunately i don't have many pictures to show you at the moment, only the before photos!

PA160022.jpg

04-02-07OfftoVG4.jpg

I'll get some more photos when i next pop over to the shop, probably when its back from balancing.

I can't wait to get this motor in, its going to be a lot of fun! :D Hopefully it'll be on the road next spring. I'll keep you posted!

Mr. InlineUK-

That spec sheet is very close to my dream 200 build. I am glad to see another twin turbo fan. Please, oh god please, let us know what kind of power you are making, when you find out.
What head gasket are you using?

350kmileford":3dmappzn said:
Mr. InlineUK-

That spec sheet is very close to my dream 200 build. I am glad to see another twin turbo fan. Please, oh god please, let us know what kind of power you are making, when you find out.
What head gasket are you using?

The head gasket i'm using will be a corteco gasket from Classic inlines. I have the standard crush thickness at the moment for mock up, but what i finally use will depend on final comp ratios.

And i will definitely keep you posted on power :D

Have you started your build yet?

I know its old but did this build ever get done? Im in the process of adding a single T3/T4 50 trim .63 ar to my 200.

Was this built ,Doubt it , Lots of Tire Kickers on this Forum , twin turbo's , LOL , Why two when one could easily make more than any Falcon Six can hold for any length of time , ( Yes Does Ten's runs one and fairly reliable/ successful and yet he also has problems ) I was once 16 and had dreams beyond my ability and means ( at the Time ) and many here fit those descriptions, ( not saying its a bad thing just a fact ) , Back then No internet was around ( Mid 70's ) so you only saw them at the Local Speed Shop . Our Falcon 6's were NEVER designed to be Performance Motors , so anything done is off the beaten path and way more expensive per hp gained than any Modern V-8 , Mikes Cylinder head is a Great ( and something I thought would never exist, but very glad it does ) but even that piece cost way more than a pair of SBF heads that outflow it by a mile ( the Falcon head has its Big Time Design Limitations and not a refection on Mikes Effort ) I woul love to see a List of Actual DONE , Builds with Specs and results to back them up ( I am very close with my combo , but may not make it before our local track closes ) until then take all posts with a grain of Salt.

Back