frown2.gif

The good side is
angel4.gif
angel4.gif
angel4.gif
angel4.gif
angel4.gif
angel4.gif

Please, please don't take this as offensive, but I think I just had an org*sm. N-N-N-Nice E-E-E-Engine...anybody got a cigarette.

hey, right in front of the carb...on the mounting base attached to the log...a GREAT place for a plaque or emblem stating something fordsix related....

Far out, dude! :D I love it!

love the engine hoist hook brackets too. First time I see such thingies on a small six.

´nother question: neither on Mike´s pictures on the FSPP website nor on your rocker arm shaft I can see any rolled pin/ spring washers to secure the rockers. Is that a C-Clip and a corresponding groove on each end of the shaft?
If yes, how is axial end play on the first and the last rocker arm limited?

This is from a post I did several months ago. The company is at Mustangdyne.com:

Company, Address, Phone, Dyno Model

Auto Specialty, Inc., 313 Teal Road, Lafayette, IN 47909, (765) 477-7300, MD-1750

Exotic Performance Plus (Innotek Automotive, Inc.), 2639 Goshin Street,
Fort Wayne, IN 46808, (260) 467-5002, MD-1750

Greer Performance, 1820 South Harrison, Fort Wayne, IN 46802, (219) 744-0958, MD-1750

John Spitzer, 5130 Brouse Avenue, Indianapolis, IN 46205, (317) 253-3331, MD-66

Julius Motorsports, 4210 West Morris St., Indianapolis, IN 46241, (317) 241-0967, MD-1750

Lincoln Technical Institute, 1201 Stadium Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, MD-250

Race2Win Motorsports, 4210 West Morris St., Indianapolis, IN 46241, (317) 241-0967, MD-1750

Thanks sirs! :D :D :D

hey, right in front of the carb...on the mounting base attached to the log...a GREAT place for a plaque or emblem stating something fordsix related....

Actually I have somthing else thats going to be mounted there....nitrous solenoids ;)

love the engine hoist hook brackets too. First time I see such thingies on a small six.

´nother question: neither on Mike´s pictures on the FSPP website nor on your rocker arm shaft I can see any rolled pin/ spring washers to secure the rockers. Is that a C-Clip and a corresponding groove on each end of the shaft?
If yes, how is axial end play on the first and the last rocker arm limited?

The engine lift brackets are factory Ford for a 6 cylinder....at least in my part of the country they are rare...I've only seen them in pictures..never in person!

The ends are indeed held in place by e-clips...I dont know how Gary did it but they do work!

Thanks for the dyno addys! :eek: :eek:

Heres another pic of it completed with the valve cover and other stuff installed...the ram air lid is also jet hot coated!

DCP_0002_2.JPG

I used mothers mag polish and never dull wadding to shine up all the jet hot coated parts....works really well!!!

Later,

Doug

Doug,
The engine looks great!! Congratulations on a great biuld-up 8)
Mark

Mustang_Geezer":3fmvefhp said:
Heres another pic of it completed with the valve cover and other stuff installed...the ram air lid is also jet hot coated!

DCP_0002_2.JPG

I used mothers mag polish and never dull wadding to shine up all the jet hot coated parts....works really well!!!

Ow! MY EYES! MY EYES!

8) 8) 8) 8)

You also need a chrome coil.

BTW, what kind of wire holders did you use? I need something cleaner then what I have now.

Slade

That tee off the OP outlet reminds me of an episode with Eddie. Didn't he/we discover that gave erroneous readings? Something about a "dead leg".

Thanks!!

So how much nitrous oxide you plan on spraying?

Enough to break into the 13's in the 1/4! 😉

As far as chrome and such goes......

If I could have had the whole thing jet hot coated, I woulda done it!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Slade,

I'll take a close up of the wire holders this weekend....They are somthing I made out of some chevy Mr Gasket ones I was going to throw away...

That tee off the OP outlet reminds me of an episode with Eddie. Didn't he/we discover that gave erroneous readings? Something about a "dead leg".

I have to have it plumbed that way....one half is for the sensor for the oil pressure gauge and the other half is the sensor for the Holley water injection.

Later,

Doug

Last edited by a moderator:
Geezer, I would like to see a close up of your wire holder also if possible. That set up is very sharp and makes the engine look that much cleaner. Nice job and thanks in advance for the pic.
Mark

quote"i honestly don't know what more to do with it"---machine off the log manifold and install 3X45mm DCOE side draught webers,50hp straight up and a torque range from 1800rpm to 6500rpm--ooohee!! :eek:

Mark,

I'll get some pics of the wire looms and part numbers and post them in the next couple of days :D

"i honestly don't know what more to do with it"---machine off the log manifold and install 3X45mm DCOE side draught webers,50hp straight up and a torque range from 1800rpm to 6500rpm--ooohee!!

Now theres an idea!! ;)

Got it running tonite and it sounds like one bad Mo-Fo!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tomorrow I have to drop the front of the pan and bend down the crank scraper slightly because it is hitting the number 1 rod bolt when its running.

Only other problems was the rocker arm adjusters was hitting the valve cover baffles and it overheated (slightly) and puked anti freeze all over my purty engine and engine compartment because in my excitment to hear it run....I forgot to turn on the electric fan :shock: :shock: :oops: :oops:

I'm tired now...good nite!

Doug

Back