"New" Ford Falcon - info, Engine ID, dizzy probs &

salty_monk

I've been reading a lot of stuff on the forum (thanks for that) & on the TFFN/register & am gradually getting more of a knowledge base on what I have.

It's a 1962 Ford Falcon (Pic in the "intro section" of forum).

On further research (never met previous owner as I got this from a friend who took it in trade) it has a 200ci 7 bearing 6 fitted (I believe, more on that later) with a 5 lug V8 rear end.

3 on the tree transmission (no synchro on first).

Please see pics of the engine install... messy but it runs....

IMGP4398.jpg

Full album of pics is here http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y247/s ... %20Falcon/

What engine do I have? I believe it is a post June 65 200Ci going from the 5 core plugs, fuel pump & colour. Can anyone ID the numbers for me? They are in the photo's but this is what I think they are:

On block below coil "12"
On block below core plugs "06DF 6015B"
As above but closer to front of engine "6M14"
On head "0B23 with an "F" in a circle" at the back
On head above cylinder 4approx "09DE-6090-A" (or maybe that's an R...)

It currently has an "all vacuum dizzy" fitted & the advance (or retard as I understand it's operation) springs are broken. In the pic I removed them.

It has a Holley List 3032-S carb which I believe is a 1909 from the original 144Ci the car would have been fitted with.

Obviously it doesn't run very well with this setup. Been reading a lot about carb & dizzy options on here, what should I be looking to buy as a straight "bolt on" option so I can get it running for now? Preferably I want to stay away from the "loadomatic" all vacuum setup if poss.

Thanks,

Dan :)

Ok from what I can see from the pic (and only one of them ) is the head is C9DE-6090-A.
The Block ID # should look the same in configuration....
Your head is a 1969 as C = 1960 follow by the spesific year 9...
The Date codes go like this OH there's no "O" code yet.
C = 60
D = 70
E = 80
and yes the 200 cu had 7 mains..
I would go with a Dura spark II dizzy very easy swap just drop it in and go and well worth it. shold be able to find them anyware cheap.
The block Id # is going to be hard to see with the exhaust header on its kind of under it near the back.. OH DUH I see ou got it.. its not O6DF it most likely is C6DE making it a 66 block..
Hopes this helps
Tim

Wow ok... I guess you never know with these 40 year old engines!

Looks like it's a 66 block with a 69 head on it then.... :)

Where would I find a duraspark ignition? If it's the drop in on this engine then I want to give it a go but I also want to get something done quickly to at least get it running properly so I can use it.

Would the 66 block have come with "loadomatic" type distributor as stock? I hope nobody changed the oil pump to have it work with the older type dizzy. I'll have to pull it and check.

Cheers,

That's a Load-o-matic dizzy you have on there. Replace the springs and I'll bet it runs better!

That was my first thought but I can't find anywhere that stocks the springs... Anyone know of a source?

As it has the wrong size carb anyway I don't mind doing the upgrade to a duraspark & a 200 carb.

any newer car (72+) with a 200 or even a 250 would work.. Fairmont, maverick mustang... even at the wrecking yard (which would be better, then you could get all the wiring for it) about $40.oo or so.. make sure you get all the wiring. including both ends of the plug in conections and the module.. then we can direct you to the install.. real simple .. There is only 3 wires that would need to be cut and hooked back up if you got the harness and all.. Red, White and Black.. Red is ign on hot, white can be tied to the red or it can go to the S terminal of the starter solenoid and the black is ground.. hotter spark and no worries... some people put a kit in there stock dizzy for electronic ign. but I've hear bad stories on those.
Tim

Back