All Small Six Oil pump/stud clearance issue

This relates to all small sixes

DON

I think this got lost from another thread so I will star a new one:
Ok, I need to back up🤨
I am putting together a 67 200. It has arp main studs. I had clearance issue with the oil pump too (before I had access to this forum). I called arp tec. Told them the problem, they said they weren’t aware of any clearance problem 🤦🤦. I asked about removing the washer, they did not recommend that. I asked about a cap bolt to replace the stud and he said yea, we have one. I replaced the stud under the oil pump, had to grind the pump housing a little and problem solved. Or did I create more problems? I still have the stud and can remove washer and bevel the nut. Not sure what I would make a spacer out of🤔. Do I need to do back to the stud and modify the nut and remove washer?
I have 30 over silvolite pistons, stock rods with arp studs. Zero decked the block. Mid 70’s head, large log with modified carb base for a 2300 Holley 350 cfm. Large valves( can’t remember diameter 🥹) yellaterra rollers, smith brothers pushrods, pac racing springs, clay smith cam and lifters. See specs in pic. The compression figures out to just over 10. Pan is no installed yet so not a big deal to change the bolt in question. I don’t want to regret anything 🤨🤨

Attachments

• IMG_3400.jpeg
    IMG_3400.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3401.jpeg
    IMG_3401.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2483.jpeg
    IMG_2483.jpeg
    455.5 KB · Views: 7
You can make a spacer for the oil pump out of 1/4" material and put a gasket on both sides. Then use a 250 oil pump drive cut down to size.

Nope, naturally aspirated. KISS
I might check to see if there would be oil pan clearances with a 1/4 spacer.
In my mind I can’t see a pressure difference between course and fine thread. Fine thread would just get there more gradually, but 80lbs in 80lbs. There could possibly be a little more resistance with the steeper pitch on course threads, 🤔🤔
I would have to get a 250 dist drive and cut it down with the spacer thickness in mind. I have two gaskets. I want to be safe not sorry

Back