What Electric Fan Are You Running?

Alibaba91

If you are or have ran an electric fan on a small six, what were the specs of the fan (brand, CFM, size, etc.), and how did it work out for you?

I'm looking to put an electric fan on my 65 Mustang 200, but I have a three-row radiator and a two groove water pump pulley (for AC), so I only have two inches of clearance for the fan. The best fan I could find that will fit is a 16-in diameter SPAL unit that's rated at 1300 CFM, but I'm worried this won't be enough flow to keep the car from overheating in the summer. Thoughts?

Electric water pump is an I retesting idea I hadn't thought of.

The taurus fan is way too thick. I only have 2 inches of room.

Any idea of 1300 CFM is enough?

Alibaba91":1ko8of5v said:
Electric water pump is an I retesting idea I hadn't thought of.

Any idea of 1300 CFM is enough?

By running an electric water pump in that configuration you can use the stock fan. The only change is the fan runs at the same speed all the time and you can flow coolant after the engine is off until the thermostat shuts. Also works for faster warm ups in cold weather.

Alibaba91":1xltnrm1 said:
then ck the delray or anyotheron summitt, jegs, etc

chad":ev2txoc9 said:
Alibaba91":ev2txoc9 said:
then ck the delray or anyotheron summitt, jegs, etc

Right, but the crux of my question was whether a 1300 CFM fan is adequate to cool my car, because that's the highest CFM fan I can find that will fit in the space I have. So I was looking for examples of fans others have used to get a range of fans, setups, climates, etc. that do or do not work for this car. That would help me make a more informed purchasing decision.

that's a lill more precise. Here:

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2012/08/ ... asy-steps/

I think they're over rated as we only need them w/ heavy use and 'not moving much" applications (stop'n go craw of city traffic, a rig like mine @ Moab). Even the bronk, known for 'hot under hood' is fine (mine) w/a 250 behind the oem 170 radiator still in it. I have not climbed any mountains yet to test coolant system, pan mods for frnt chunk interference but sittin still (just what U ask) the mechanical fan is fine.
Ford did not pay their engineers for nuttin. They designed a system that wrks pretty good if askin me~

Not sure that a 1300 CFM is enough to cool your engine this depends on your local weather, traffic, type of driving you do or other conditions. :beer: Thanks to "Marco 65coupeI6" for this info that he posted awhile back I wasn't able to find his orginal post but this is the basic info that he had in it! This is an excellent electric fan solution for a really tight space, it's less than 2 inchs thick in the center and has a rating of 2000 CFM of air flow. The fan is called the "Slide Windier" see link below. This Fan is avaible from that company listed below and probally any other company that handles the Spal brand of fans. Best of luck (y) :nod:

The Spal Side Winder Electric Fan
https://the-fan-man.com/product/side-wi ... c-fan-kit/

some can afford, not me... :nono:

Thanks for the info here, everyone. I live in NJ, near NYC, so stop and go traffic is inevitable. I could get stuck somewhere at a moment's notice, so I'm trying to plan ahead here.

That sidewinder fan is exactly what I need. I was wondering why I wasn't finding such a design. Alas it is out of stock from that vendor, and it does cost a pretty penny. I'm gonna see what the summer brings before I drop that much cash on a fan. Good to have this in my back pocket though. In the meantime, I'm gonna fashion a shroud as that will likely help some.

I am also avoiding the six blade fans because of how much power they Rob. That's another benefit of the electric fan, less power loss. And with these engines, every pony counts.

he doesn't like that idea JF. See #7.

Back