Yet another not starting issue:

Nick1966

Hello again, it seems my car does not want to start again. I reattach the battery put the key in the ignition and nothing. It does not turn at all. Sometimes I hear nothing sometimes I hear a "thud" Rarely it will start to turn over but nothing.

Does this sound like the starter is gone?

As always, thanks for the help!

8) first check all your connections from battery to starter. second pull the starter and the battery and have them tested for proper operation. third fourth and fifth, check your grounds. after that get into the wiring and the ignition and neutral safety switch.

Sounds like my weekend just got busy! Thanks for the info i'll check all the proper connections and get er done

I was havin that sort of issues a few months ago. Standard not enough juice click.

Everything looked clean but I kept having to tighten the starter cable at the solenoid every few days. I thought it was backing off due to vibration or something, went to but a lock washer on it and realized I was bottoming the nut out on the shoulder of the post.

When it fell apart as I tried to put the cable back on I realized it had been overheating. It was melting inside and the starter side post had started to pull out of the casing, away from the armature bar. Easy enough to fix, just not a failure mode I'd seen before.

Stick around, Nick.
Love to hear more bout (your project) 'events' -
esp from the city of brotherly luv!
(plenty more of our 'members' in yer area).

Back