1V Phenolic spacers

they may come in a pair.
Would 2 (stacked) B better?

I thought of that too. I don't know though if I could get away with 1 quarter inch spacer or not. Half inch is as thick as I can go with my chrome air cleaner for hood clearence. Plus I would have to have a gasket between the two spacers I. E. Another spot to leak.
I might get one and see what happens with one spacer and go from there.

dagenham":6ucokn7y said:
...I might get one and see what happens with one spacer and go from there.
Good Xa yr 2 ck, it's gettin hot now
:!:

Thanks jackfish. :roll: Now I discovered a whole other can of worms with my vacuum gauge. I dont have any vacuum at all.
So now I need a couple pictures of the vacuum line end that goes into the carb and where they're hooked up on an autolite 1100.

Ok so somebody help me out. What size is the hole in the adapter fitting in the carb? If I have that measurement I can go from there.

Early gasket openings are around 1 1/2 inches you will need the know the carb mounting bolt spacing too. Good luck (y) :nod:

No, I need the size of the orifice in the adapter fitting that goes into the carb for the dizzy vacuum line.

That is a 1/4 inch line tapered compression fitting, it is the same as is used on the gas pilot light line of a gas water heater. These fittings are used at both the carburetor and at the distribtor on Ford engines using a hard (steel) Vaccum line, you can usally find them at hardware stores and auto parts stores. Good luck (y) :nod:

1/4 inch tapered compression fitting
https://www.supplyhouse.com/Honeywell-3 ... 13870000-p

Ok guys and gals. Problem solved. The original wood spacer cracked so I replaced it with another one. The second time it gave me problems was my fault. I didn't have the carb mounting nuts tight enough. Put a new vacuum line and fittings on and runs great now. Problem fixed. Yeah

Back