Fans

Mike

Any opinions out there regading aftermarket fans (non-electric) and shrouds?

Thanks,

Mike

8) i like fan shrouds and plastic flex fans from flex-i-lite, they are light weight, pull as much air as the factory fan does, and the flatten out at speed. if they break they cause very little damage, and they dont stress the water pump bearings.

8)

I cant remember the brand name but my local Pep Boys carries a Black Magic electric fan that I intend to buy. IIRC it was about $120 and install kit is about $20.

I had a flex lite.

It looked cool.

I hated the sound. It was extremely loud. I like quiet engines.

It pulled much more air then the factory set up.

Slade

Love my Flex-fan, and it is not really that noisy....

it purrs, and does change the tone of the engine, but mine is not loud, just different.... now a bad water pump bearing that is loud.

One thing to mention, if you have an auto tranny go for the 16" fan, the 17" will fit if you bend the cooler lines down a tad, but it is close, I cut mine twice before I bent them....

Now I have a manual tranny and it is not an issue, but if you wanted to get a shroud in there you would have to go 16".

Check out our line up of flex-fans, and electic fans. You will find all you need. Just remember to make sure you cover 75% of the radiator.

Is there a specific website for Flex i lite? I did a quick search, and could not find one. A link would be very helpful.
Thanks!

8) sorry phillip i forgot about permacool :oops: :oops: . i do like the product line though and have used them in the past, and will again in the future.

Don't do what one local hero did. His red-hot motor ran, well, red-hot. What he'd done wrong was... Oversized fan pulley (wrong motor). Undersized crank pulley (again, wrong donor). No thermo, fan spacer or shroud, and best of all - the factory 4-blade fan was flattened out (no pitch).

My mate waited until he could buy it really cheap, and spent a morning fixing it. Runs great now!

Regards, Adam.

I took a fixed-5-blade fan from a junkyard Zephyr wagon with A/C, then got the fan clutch for a Police Interceptor 200 (NAPA locally had a listing for this clutch). The combo gave me more MPG, more hill-climbing power and much better cooling.

Back