Build Thread 200cid (HiPo) Modern Tech Build: Holley Sniper EFI & HyperSpark Full System

Clwoods

Who is running the fully Holley Sniper EFI System?

Build Theory/Practice of a 200 with an EFI System:
250-2v
DBL Roller Timing Chain
Cam
Adjustable Rockers
(you get the point)
Sniper EFI 2300
Hyperspark Dizzy
Sniper EFI CD Box
Hyperspark Coil

Has anyone done it?
Performance Metrics?
Drawbacks?

Looking long term here and would love to know if anyone with a similar mind set has a head start.

Not Sniper. But I did Fitech. Same thing really. I think a recurved DuraSpark-II is a cheaper option which does the same thing.

Not Sniper. But I did Fitech. Same thing really. I think a recurved DuraSpark-II is a cheaper option which does the same thing.
I guess maybe I did not clarify why I am curious about a complete system. The Hyperspark can be completely controlled by the ECU on the Sniper with the little handheld, or for the more advanced enthusiasts a custom curve can be built on a computer with the software, after the ECU learns base timing.

Hoping for modern tech (reliability wise) as the brain but still have the classic heart.

I decided a DSII/MSD/Blaster2 with a Sniper 1100 for the short-term until I can score an aluminum head and go whole-hog. At that point I plan redoing the bottom end, zero-decking it, cam, headers, etc. I may end up doing that this winter and just have it done, but frankly, it can wait. Have everything but the sniper, including a new roller chain to replace my crazy loose one and fix my exhaust so the 02 sensor will be accurate.

I get that. But how often will you adjust timing and curve? Set it and forget it. Unless you use to cruise and also race.

I get that. But how often will you adjust timing and curve? Set it and forget it. Unless you use to cruise and also race.
Completely understand your choice and the likelihood of keeping the same curve, the plan is to have the ability to make the switch on the fly and be able to take it to a track for fun (definitely won't race it) as well as enjoy it on a weekend.

Without a knock sensor both of these EFI setup do not have that feature.
Over advance can destroy an engine & under advance will cause a loss of power & drivability.
I believe Marco has the best of both worlds.

Then there is this High Tech Distributor too.

Then there is this High Tech Distributor too.
This would be a great option if it could learn along with the Sniper.

I've seen some videos on the full efi system from holley and ease of use is the most attractive part. Having everything connected allows the system to log each unique aspect for review.

Each engine requires a different advance curve depending on all specs of it.
The DUI just uses a generic curve. Plus they starve the shaft of lubrication. I have received them where the shaft was ready to seize.
The HEI has too much advance & an over oiling condition.
Both of these i can fix.
The DS11 is the best along with a MSD ignition box & with a MSD 8869 harness which connects the DS11 right to the box.

Each engine requires a different advance curve depending on all specs of it.
The DUI just uses a generic curve. Plus they starve the shaft of lubrication. I have received them where the shaft was ready to seize.
The HEI has too much advance & an over oiling condition.
Both of these i can fix.
The DS11 is the best along with a MSD ignition box & with a MSD 8869 harness which connects the DS11 right to the box.
Do you have a website or direct communication info that we can discuss this further.

Honestly still partial to the Hyperspark for the consistency but am open to the other options that would help accomplish the same goal.

My HEI was a gift from a buddy towards the build and definitely is suspect to be my oil leak culprit.

Clwoods
The Hyperspark Distributor was designed as the best means to trigger the Holley Sniper systems so do not deviate from your original plan.
Yes, let the Sniper control your timing.
The initial timing will be determined by your camshaft profile and you need to know what the final timing should be and at what RPM it should be all in at.
WSA111 should be able to help you with those timing points.

So here you go, I remembered tonight about our site member "Wayne Clark" that has been running one of the Sniper 2300 for awhile now on his 200 six, in his 1967 Mustang. Lately he's also been installing one of the C.I. Aluminum 2V heads on it too.

Holley Sniper 2300

C.I. 2V Head Install

So here you go, I remembered tonight about our site member "Wayne Clark" that has been running one of the Sniper 2300 for awhile now on his 200 six, in his 1967 Mustang. Lately he's also been installing one of the V.I. Aluminum 2V heads on it too.

Holley Sniper 2300

V.I. 2V Head Install
I remembered I asked a few questions on that thread and followed up.

Who knows of a good classic engine shop in Los Angeles that is going to do quality work for a fair price.

Time to start looking into this build since the motor I have in the car with the 2spd fordomatic is giving me too much trouble.

Who knows of a good classic engine shop in Los Angeles that is going to do quality work for a fair price.

Time to start looking into this build since the motor I have in the car with the 2spd fordomatic is giving me too much trouble.
Check out L&R in Santa Fe Springs or Jeff Jones in Fresno (also on here as 1hotvega) knows our sixes too and built this 2v conversion for Aaron. He's also running a complete Holley setup. Super 2300, cd box, coil and hyperspark distributor. Made over 400hp with turbo.

Back