Anybody know how rare Mike's AL heads are?

"kind of worried about the running after I install it as the thing is only 46 cc in the chambers."

what kind of SCR do you figure?

thanks

PB

"kind of worried about the running after I install it as the thing is only 46 cc in the chambers."

what kind of SCR do you figure?

thanks

PB
I don't have any idea. I ordered in several of the recommened "thin" head gaskets when I first got the head . It set in a cabinet a couple of year then I got to checking it & found the chambers are pretty small going by some of the numbers I've seen posted .
I guess when I get ready to use it I'll just order in a couple of the thick fel pro head gaskets & maybe drop the comp some .
I don' need or want it all jacked up running the Paxton on the 200 .

... Vortech V2 SC'd 250 runs up to 5-8 lbs easily with occasional enthusiasm well over 10 so far... I had machinist check but not mill head to retain OEM D3xx large compression chambers (@ 60cc's). With 'modern' @.045 composite gskt, SCR is @ 8.7:1.

Will get to work on that registry thing. :)
"Calling all cars, calling all cars" pop^*#, crackle@*# "1 Adam 12 this is base. Did you get more'n those 2, 3 in the registry yet? <over>"

Last edited:
I know of a foundry that states they made between 140-150 castings for Mike. My intention is to bring the head back to the market for those of us that never got the chance to buy one.

Matt Cox
http://www.vintageinlines.com
Is there any time line for this as it seems that the wait time has been over two years without any production on the horizon.
I only wish you good luck as this is not easy to fine the right foundry and machining of the raw casting as well as valve, spring, retainers etc.

as to OP “...Anybody know?..."
Isnt that info in the sticky @ Index page for this
forum? It covers our consensus on best build using the head.

I'm about to commit the back breaking task of single handedly lifting the large log head back onto the motor

For what it's worth to anyone looking for a unicorn head .
Check the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook site . He can get the 221 head from Argentina. Susposed to flow better than the VI or CI heads. He also does some group buys on a Ford Raceing finned alumn valve cover . Jose is a stand up guy . He is most definetley no scammer .
Contact the administers of the site about him .
They are Aron Cox & Danny Stuckey. Aron has one of the 221 heads & Danny is running a vi head I think .
These items are made allready .

For what it's worth to anyone looking for a unicorn head .
Check the Vintage 6 Mustang facebook site . He can get the 221 head from Argentina. Susposed to flow better than the VI or CI heads. He also does some group buys on a Ford Raceing finned alumn valve cover . Jose is a stand up guy . He is most definetley no scammer .
Contact the administers of the site about him .
They are Aron Cox & Danny Stuckey. Aron has one of the 221 heads & Danny is running a vi head I think .
These items are made allready .
I left out the sellers name it is Jose Alvarez

I’d say “Dont wait” (world has changed since covid, this sorta venture wuz gettin hard any way @ that time).
“Drop ona Oz iron 2v or USA lrg log & go. Studs make it far from back breakin. Imagine tryin bolts."
Wanna lill ‘extra’? Is this one a '2v direct mount’?
(1/2 way dwn da page)

I have a spare large log head for anyone who needs to get something going asap.

Located in Saint Louis Missouri

It's been sitting on a shelf in my garage for a few months. Has a powered by ford valve cover. Forgot to get that in the picture

Attachments

• IMG_3375.jpg
    IMG_3375.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3376.jpg
    IMG_3376.jpg
    607.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3382.jpg
    IMG_3382.jpg
    769.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3383.jpg
    IMG_3383.jpg
    800.9 KB · Views: 11
don't remember what their cost was back at that time.
Not familiar with "Mike". I bought mine from Will McLearran at Classic Inlines. I paid $2200 for it in 2016, including the 2 bbl intake and a set of the studs. At the time Will said that it was the last assembled head in stock. I've never installed it (or even unpacked it) - still sits on a shelf in my garage. I really should get around to that one of these days, I suppose. I don't know if there's a number on it - never looked.

things getting mixed here?
I should not have mentioned both? (the 1."lrg log” AND 2.“alu" Mike came up with. That the thread is about)?

love ta get that #, John, entered into the lill register we’re creating for the "CI alloy head”.

Back