CLUELESS

A

Anonymous

Can anyone post me a picture where to mount the water reservoir for the radiator? I got a 200 66 pony and have no idea where to it was before.

Thanks to all!

I don't have a picture, but I've seen people have it mounted to the driver's side of the engine compartment forward of the shock towers. I'm not sure if that is the 'correct' place for it, but I have seen it there.

Slade

Water reservoir for the radiator? Did not know that there was one. Is this original or aftermarket?

I will post pic of location tonight. I moved my washer reservoir further back toward the firewall on drivers side fenderwell, and placed tank for rad on front most portion of fenderwell. It is not stock. Most cars of that era just had overflow tubes down the side of the rad. :D

Bill

I actually bought a reservoir that had a metal bracket that hooked right on to the old bracket for the windshield washer fluid bag.

I don't know what I will do when I fix my windshield washer pump and get a new bag.

I don't actually think that the mustangs originally had averflow tanks. I believe that it just went onto the ground. My thinking is that if everything in your cooling system is good, then you shouldn't have to worry about overflow.

Jason

Thanks for all the replies!

Mustang66, I'll wait for you pictures.

Back