Fastest times for a turbo inline 6 Street car or race car.

Nice!
Do you have any other pics of your engine you can post?
What alky injection system are you using?

its just a six":1q20yti9 said:
Nice!
Do you have any other pics of your engine you can post?

The build thread is in that link I posted. There are only a few.

its just a six":1q20yti9 said:
What alky injection system are you using?

home-made.

turbo_fairlane_200":2tq1hd9d said:
linc prob even made the alky himself. :p

I was actually using straight isopropyl.....they use it as de-ice fluid for aircraft. A friend hooked me up for free.

I DO dabble in making moonshine as well...shhhhhh.....
Yes, the still is in a secret location. I should just get a BATF fuel distiller's permit and be done with it.

Linc's 200 I was actually using straight isopropyl.....they use it as de-ice fluid for aircraft. A friend hooked me up for free.[/quote said:
figured you had some sort of deal or something to get it. that or someone gave you the injectino setup.

Have you tried methanol?

That has a octane value of 117-118. Plus it super cools your intake better than Isopropyl.

There are many Alky injection kits out there.

turbo_fairlane_200":1nh94laa said:
figured you had some sort of deal or something to get it.

Its free for me, baby!

its just a six":1nh94laa said:
Have you tried methanol?

No place to buy it. Also, I would have to pay for it

Actually, I figured you knew that, and were just keeping your cards out of sight. ;)

addo":2xq3h5ho said:
Actually, I figured you knew that, and were just keeping your cards out of sight. ;)

I could have dug it up ... if I felt ambitious.
You give me too much credit. :D

Linc's 200":27pmqvun said:
turbo_fairlane_200":27pmqvun said:
figured you had some sort of deal or something to get it.

Its free for me, baby!

its just a six":27pmqvun said:
Have you tried methanol?

No place to buy it. Also, I would have to pay for it

Do you have a Wall Mart near you or Sams club?
They sell it there in the automotive section, it's called heat in a Yellow plastic bottle.
I not only switched from Isopropanol(SP) to methanol my intake air temps dropped, also the detonation I was having went away.
Tested both on same day, same outside temps.
I understand getting stuff free is great,,, but if it does not perform as good as methanol, whats the point ?
Instead of only being able to run 20 psi boost pressure, you could run 24 ,,or more ,to get you in the 12 second et. ;)

turbo_fairlane_200":92tbdy0l said:
I think it stoll comes to the free part....

hell I would run on 90 oct in a race car if I could get all I want for free.

Would you still run it when you are trying break into the 12's?

And running the 90 octane is holding you back, would you go & buy something w/a little more octane? or switch to & buy methanol so you can break into the 12's?

I think the "Heat"( B.T.W. is methanol) at Wall Mart is like .89 cents a bottle.

its just a six":2wrg5xsv said:
I think the "Heat"( B.T.W. is methanol) at Wall Mart is like .89 cents a bottle.

If I buy it like that it's $16 bucks a gallon. No thanks. If I really needed to get some methanol I am sure I could, Its just inconvenient, and it ages very fast.

I'll bet there is less than 10 HP difference between spraying Iso or Meth. I'm not playing with 800 HP here..... If I thought it would make that big of a difference I would be all over it. Maybe at some time in the future I'll try it and see.

The Iso alcohol isn't keeping me out of the 12's.
The old-ass, completely worn out bone-stock engine with the 2.5 second 60' times is what is keeping me out of the 12's. I am thinking a fresh engine by itself would fix that problem. The alcohol doesn't start to spray until I hit 10 psi anyways.

I still have plans to build "version 2.0" with a fresh build and a 2 -bbl carb, I am just lacking free time.

i bet the 2brl would get u in the 12's even without the rebuild and on the same note a rebuild by itself may get u in the 12's

I gallon of methanol should last you a long time, your not using a lot of isoprpyl, are you?
Also you buying & storing a gallon of methanol does not degrade like you think, that is more so when you have a 55 gallon drum of it lying around for a long period of time.

I read your old post stating you cannot go above 20 psi because it starts to detonate?

Well,, if you run methanol to 24 psi it should not detonate & you will make more than 10 HP by adding 4 more psi.
If you go to other forums you will see, they do not use isoprpyl, they use methanol & swear by it.
All the fast guys run methanol.

I am no follower, I ran water injection, water & isopropyl, straight isopropyl, methanol with water , & finally, switched to straight methanol.
I have taken notes on manifold air temps on all fliuds used & monitored my knock retard closely= detonation.

Methanol worked the best for me.
Just trying to help you out but I guess it's no use.
I'll be quiet now.

Linc's 200":24vppj1t said:
its just a six":24vppj1t said:

If I buy it like that it's $16 bucks a gallon. No thanks. If I really needed to get some methanol I am sure I could, Its just inconvenient, and it ages very fast.

I'll bet there is less than 10 HP difference between spraying Iso or Meth. I'm not playing with 800 HP here..... If I thought it would make that big of a difference I would be all over it. Maybe at some time in the future I'll try it and see.

The Iso alcohol isn't keeping me out of the 12's.
The old-ass, completely worn out bone-stock engine with the 2.5 second 60' times is what is keeping me out of the 12's. I am thinking a fresh engine by itself would fix that problem. The alcohol doesn't start to spray until I hit 10 psi anyways.

I still have plans to build "version 2.0" with a fresh build and a 2 -bbl carb, I am just lacking free time.

its just a six":27hl23a8 said:
Methanol worked the best for me.
Just trying to help you out but I guess it's no use.
I'll be quiet now.

I value your input. I'll try it in the future but not right now. I need to get a new engine built first.

Sounds good.

What are your plans on your new build, different cyl head, etc?
Goodluck on you new build!!

Back