Fastest times for a turbo inline 6 Street car or race car.

its just a six":244brl22 said:
What are your plans on your new build, different cyl head, etc?

Ummm....Mine?

Good low-mileage stock-bore block honed slightly for TRW forged pistons (std.)

Shot-peened rods with ARP bolts

Worked over E0xx (1980 and up) head, ported and with 2 bbl carb (I think getting too much more out of a single 1.125" venturi will be tough)

FSPP 214/214 duration @ .050" cam

Autolite 2 bbl carb, 1.08" venturis (prepped last year already)

Maybe build a turbo header?

Everything else stock

Anthony Brigg's Cortina":3et2tdgb said:
This tough blue cortina streeter contains a 250 crossflow engine, fitted with standard crank an rods, albeit balanced and fitted with ARP rod bolts, and swinging a set of ACL cast pistons.

in July 2004 Anthony's Cortina ran a 9.658 at 139mph.

Though not a true streetcar I saw a 4dr Lexus with a turboed inline six run 7.44 at almost 200mph in Vegas a couple of weeks ago.That was on a 10.5 slick. :shock:

82F100":38mfa2rz said:
Though not a true streetcar I saw a 4dr Lexus with a turboed inline six run 7.44 at almost 200mph in Vegas a couple of weeks ago.That was on a 10.5 slick. :shock:

Your right,

I was looking more for the old school six cylinder stuff.

I see on Nopi tunner vision they run 7's & 6's w/the Supras

The fasteset Ford 6 in Australia!
200ci + GT42 = 900+HP It ran 8.58 a couple of weeks ago
joe.jpg

profab1.jpg

The video
http://www.exodus-online.com/uploads/oz ... CN2007.wmv

Just watched the video!!

Not only is this a wicked quick car, but an outstanding piece of engineering. I would love to see the bent crowd goggle at this!!

Just Beautiful!

hay guys i do really know my times yeat but i will soon run it im hoping to runs 12s-13s in my 85 f150 and about 10s in my 83 mustang both 300ci

turbo":pl3pss2r said:
hay guys i do really know my times yeat but i will soon run it im hoping to runs 12s-13s in my 85 f150 and about 10s in my 83 mustang both 300ci

Do you have any idea how fast running in the 10's is ?

Doubtful. He's been on here before, but was banned for being very insulting toward other members. And not being able to spell.

Anlushac11":7cxvme8o said:
Nice intake on that I6 crossflow. Anyone know what size throttle body hes running on that?
It's an 80mm Holley from memory. It swallows near 40 psi as well. The engine and trans package is for sale at the moment too.

side note: The other blue Cortina is Australia's fastest PRO STREET car. Running a Dart blocked 406 with twin thumpers, glide and 9 inch. Ran 6.98 in that video.

well that crossflow intake is exactly whatI have in mind for my fairlane once I swap in a turbo xflow motor. I love how the injectors mount on a seperate hunk of the intake!!

turbo_fairlane_200":353zfkkd said:
well that crossflow intake is exactly whatI have in mind for my fairlane once I swap in a turbo xflow motor. I love how the injectors mount on a seperate hunk of the intake!!
The part which holds the injectors on that manifold is actually a factory piece. It's the runners and plenum that are custom fab'd. The std runners actually look like banana's that bend up to a smallish plenum that sits above the rocker cover. In saying that there is a car in Victoria that uses the std manifold and puts down over 500hp at the wheels! People change them for looks, flow and because if you need to take the rocker cover off you dont have to remove the plenum.

was250":x3yhx7zb said:
turbo_fairlane_200":x3yhx7zb said:
The part which holds the injectors on that manifold is actually a factory piece. It's the runners and plenum that are custom fab'd. The std runners actually look like banana's that bend up to a smallish plenum that sits above the rocker cover. In saying that there is a car in Victoria that uses the std manifold and puts down over 500hp at the wheels! People change them for looks, flow and because if you need to take the rocker cover off you dont have to remove the plenum.

I know. I have a EFI XF motor out in the bed of my truck right now.

Well there you go. Your all right in my books :D Are you doing anything with the engine?? How did you get it across there or did you buy it already there??

Back