Header & exhaust design - now with video!

Wow! Just went for a drive and I have to tell you, this exhaust has made a HUGE difference in power. Not surprising given the cr@p system I had on there before, but this thing really takes off from 4000 to 6000 rpm. Plus, it verily screams at those revs. Have to make a recording before I put the mufflers on, LOL!!!!!

falcon fanatic":74fplvmu said:
Finally getting close to done. Here is a writeup on the exhaust center section I created. Mustangsix, you'll like it as it is very similar to that jag exhaust you like. I'm even going to finish it off with dual tube mufflers, probably porters depending on how loud it is in the current configuration;

http://falconfanatic.blogspot.com/2012/ ... ng-in.html

Hey Thanks for the post. The photos on your blog are a big help. I just put my motor together and have the stainless steel headers from F6P. Having no clue how to connect the two down pipes to a single exhaust, I created the "Cheesy" two into one that your old exhaust shop made for you years ago. hahaha.

I knew this was not high performance, but would get me by untill I could come up with a new idea. Now I see what you have and I can do that. Killer.

Thanks for the good info on this thread.

falcon fanatic":1sb3y32d said:
http://falconfanatic.blogspot.com/

Ahhh! :) Onchore mistro. Sounds wicked. I'll be busy at work, thinking about how to max my system now. Thanks for the vid.

That is the best sounding exhaust I've heard from a Ford IL6. Congrats.

I was wondering which resonators you were going to use; I guessed it might be Dynomax Bullets.

Man that is great. I dont think I would have thought about puttig my Smitty at the tail end of the exhaust system. I know that with your design you had no choice, but I'm curious if you know something I dont.
Were you able to run straight pipes out the back without the Smitty to hear the difference? What if you were to substitue the Chamber with a glasspak?

Just curious. I think your motor sounds really good.

Dropout,
I needed the chamber muffler where it is becasue that is acting as a pulse wave termination chamber. The engine "thinks" the exhaust ends there. The smithy's are just to make it quieter. I might swap them for turbos once I finish putting my car back together. (back from paint, Ford kona Blue - killer!)

Back