Holley 1946 1.75" Spacer plate

Mootsie, can you post pics of the linkage mods you did o get the 1946 working? I am installing one on my son's 66 and need to get a linkage working.

What did you do for the solenoids and vacuum connections? I am planning on connecting a single vacuum line from the spark port to a stock 68 distributor with a Petronix module in it. I'll eventually hook up the idle solenoid, but not until I install the A/C. Still debating what to do about the bowl vent solenoid since I don't have a charcoal canister. The electric choke should be simple enough.

Thanks

Well I've got my 1946 installed. The car starts and idles really nice. There appears to be some hesitation on acceleration, but I have't spent much time tuning it yet. For now I have the distributor advance running off manifold vacuum, but I'll experiment with that later too. All I need now is to get the throttle connection correct. I'm close, but still getting some binding. There's not much room to work with, but I'm hoping I can get just the right combination of position and angle to get full motion without binding. If not I'll have to look at switching to a throttle cable.

Lessons learned.

1. The later 1946 carbs have a vent bowl solenoid to recapture vent fumes into a charcoal canister. You must power this solenoid or the car won't idle.

2. The electric only choke works great, but shouldn't be powered with 12V or you'll burn it out. The best solution is to connect to the stator (black ring) on the alternator which puts out about 7V.

Back