Intakes almost ready - update 1-8 are READY

forgive my ignorance but what motor is that for?

Please tell me it fits the 300
If so consider one more sold.
Dave

davetruck":ccf524n5 said:
forgive my ignorance but what motor is that for?

Please tell me it fits the 300
If so consider one more sold.
Dave

It's for the 200/250. The 300 head is on the way, but is not complete yet. There is a sticky at the top of the "240-300 Big Block" forum that details it.

Vann":3bp650qo said:
How well do you think the intake will fit on a fox body Mustang? It's hard to tell how much the carb is moved over.

The Fox platform has a bigger engine compartment than early Falcons or Mustangs, so it should fit fine in my estimation.

That's what I'm hoping I still have my stock hood on and had a hard time getting my 2bbl to fit. I'm planning on ordering one around June or July but was just wondering because in the pic's it looks like the carb pad is moved over about 3" from stock. Also how tall will the 4bbl adaptor be or can it mount straight to the intake?

Thanks, Daniel

Vann":2dii0sks said:
That's what I'm hoping I still have my stock hood on and had a hard time getting my 2bbl to fit. I'm planning on ordering one around June or July but was just wondering because in the pic's it looks like the carb pad is moved over about 3" from stock. Also how tall will the 4bbl adaptor be or can it mount straight to the intake?

Thanks, Daniel

The 4V carb adaptor is a 1/2" thick. The carb can not be mounted directly to the intake, you must use the adaptor.

Here's a drawing of the different adaptors being cut with a water jet.
carb_adaptors.jpg

When I get the motor dropped into the 66, I plan on testing a few different induction combo's on a chassis dyno. They will include a 2V, 4V, dual Weber, and triple Weber. Eventually, I'll test single, dual, and triple TBI's, and finally a couple boosted applications.

This is one of the setups I'm going to test. Not only does it look sharp, it eliminates any hood clearance issues. The only draw back is the cost, but I can save some money by fabricating the adaptors.
dualweber.jpg

Now that looks slick!

All these different combos is great! The tough part is deciding which way to go!

My first I6 engine will be 4bbl carb. The second engine will be based on a Fairmont's big bell 200 with an aluminum head but what induction type? Hmmmmm.

Dean T

Mike,
I know you are real busy with all the new stuff, but can you or any body else tell me if three 44idf (down draft) webers will work on a IR manifold
with the aluminum head?, the ports unported measure 1 5/8" or 42mm
across on the head and valve dia is 1.840" or 46mm.
Are these carbs to big for a 200 with your head?.
Or can I compare it to a jag 3.4 liter with 45 mm dcoe's on it. :unsure::

Thanks any one,
Kevin.

Just got a call saying the intakes are ready to pick up. So I'm heading down to LA tomorrow afternoon to fetch them. I'll post pics of the production intakes, showing the changes we made, when I get home.

And in case your wondering why I made three adaptors, here's how they'll fit on the intakes. All three can be rotated if desired, as the mounting holes are on precise centers. The 2V-B adaptor can also be converted if you want to upgrade from a 2V to a 4V down the road. I'm also having a solid adaptor made, which will allow more options, and a 2V plate (no mounting holes) which can be used as a spacer, or for log head conversions since the mounting holes can be drilled where they are needed. All are 1/2" 6061 aluminum, and will be tapped for carb studs.
carb_adaptor4VLM.jpg

carb_adaptor2VSM.jpg

carb_adaptor2VLM.jpg

carb_adaptor2VC.jpg

Are you sure you want one? The chrome setup in the pic runs about $3 grand. :shock:

The cheapest versions run $1150 for 40mm, and $1400 for 45mm. You can have them painted for something like $450 for black or red.

DualWeberRed.JPG

I'm going to have some flanges cut and make a couple adaptors myself, which will cost about half. As for a finish, I'm going to do one polished, and one powder coated, or ceramic. HPC does some pretty neat stuff, which I get a break on, as they are now owned by Jet-Hot.

I'd like to try one with a couple TBI's.

Here's the link to their website.
http://www.inglese.com/Products/univ_sc.asp

Would you consider a clean swap......... i have a 1974 model girlfriend in good condition, she cooks, cleans but she's developed a back-fire.......every time i go to play with the falcon she starts back firing from the head. I looked up this symptom in the repair manual and it's apparently called "complaining". Since Ford doesn't have a tool to fix this problem with, i think a trade-in will solve my problem. :LOL:

Here's some update pics with the modifications we made after flow testing. The plenum dividers help balance the flow however they are now angled instead of being squared off. We also increased the radius at the top of the intake runners. It may not seem like much, but both modifications yielded improvements in the flow, especially in the higher lift ranges.

intake51.jpg

intake52.jpg

intake47.jpg

Back