Intakes almost ready - update 1-8 are READY

looks good..... the threaded ports on the side are water in & out?

I've got a 1956 model female..... has treated me well for 36 years :D

Those really look amazing. Absolutely beautiful work, Mike! Really nice job.

So does that $3000 sidedraft set-up. :shock:

AzCoupe":scjyxipg said:
dualweber.jpg

Looks a LOT like the Ingeles set up.

Hooptie":331g9wqr said:

Sure does, maybe because it is. :)

I posted a link to their website, in the same reply where I posted a pic of the red setup (scroll up about a dozen post).

AzCoupe":tfzicadw said:
Hooptie":tfzicadw said:

Sure does, maybe because it is. :)

I posted a link to their website, in the same reply where I posted a pic of the red setup (scroll up about a dozen post).

Its rough...me being lazy. I'd love to stick that set up on my Capri just for the wtf? factor.

Beautiful manifold. What are you charging for them? Will you have an adapter to fit them to the 226/254 flathead Ford 6?

flatford6":2bihk18p said:
Beautiful manifold. What are you charging for them? Will you have an adapter to fit them to the 226/254 flathead Ford 6?

$285 - NO

On a side note, just got a call saying the adaptor plates are cut and ready for pickup. I'm going to Barrett Jackson today, so I'll have to pick them up in the morning. All thats left now is to machine the holes and tap the four corners for carb studs.

AzCoupe":3hy8cuej said:
On a side note, just got a call saying the adaptor plates are cut and ready for pickup. I'm going to Barrett Jackson today, so I'll have to pick them up in the morning. All thats left now is to machine the holes and tap the four corners for carb studs.

Excellent!

8)

It sounds like we may see a small number of naturally-aspirated, aluminum-headed small-block six-powered Mustangs, Falcons and such running around with these new 2-barrel and 4-barrel carb set ups sometime this spring. All the bits and pieces needed to put it all together are falling into place.

I, for one, continue to look forward to reading about the progress on your end to keep this overall project moving forward. I also look forward to reading reports from the guys building these engines and just what sort of results they get on the dyno, on the track, that they can feel in the seat of their pants, and so on, and also what they had to do to get their engines tuned in just right.

:D

:D I have a question that nobody seems to have asked.When installing the studs for the manifolds,should you use some type of thread locker,or
just use your favorite brand of antisieze on the threads?
Thanks.
Leo

woodbutcher":15hdw2h4 said:
:D I have a question that nobody seems to have asked.When installing the studs for the manifolds,should you use some type of thread locker,or
just use your favorite brand of antisieze on the threads?
Thanks.
Leo

Any bolt or stud that goes into the aluminum should be coated with anti seize. :D

Later,

Doug

:D Hi Doug.The reason that I asked,was I have had problems in the past
with studs wanting to back out when removing the nuts.
I always use anti sieze when replacing spark plugs in aluminum heads,or thermostat housings with through bolts that go into the water passages.Also on any bolts that thread into aluminum.
Leo

I did this one last night in my drill press, what a chore. It's difficullt to get the holes in precisely the right spot, but I got them pretty close. Also spent about a half hour using my dremel and a drum sander to polish up the edges.

I dropped by the head porters' today to see what he was doing. Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, but I'll stop back by in the next day or two so I can post pics. :eek:

carb_adaptor2VLMa.jpg

carb_adaptor2VLMb1.jpg

For those wondering about clearance issues, here's some dimensions.

intakeD.jpg

Mike,

Whats the timeline as far as to when we can expect to receive the intakes and adaptor plates?

Thanks,

Doug

Mustang_Geezer":1dj8hvsv said:
Whats the timeline as far as to when we can expect to receive the intakes and adaptor plates?

I've been working on the adaptors all week and just about have them done. Therefore I should be shipping them by the end of the week.

Here's a 4V adaptor that I polished. I used my dremel with 120-180-240 grit sanding drums, then hit it with a polishing wheel. I still need to polish it a bit more, but it's looking pretty good for an hours work. I may have a couple done by my polisher, but haven't decided yet.
AdaptA3.jpg

Here's the 2V-A adaptor, mounted both ways. In the post above, you can see the 2V-B adaptor, which moves the 2V carb to the outer edge as far as possible. The "b" adaptor can be turned 90* as well, and/or converted to a 4V down the road if so desired.
AdaptA1.jpg

AdaptA2.jpg

Our new air cleaners (8" x 11" oval) are just about ready too. Here's the first prototype, which was polished. I think they are going to cast them next week, so I might have them available around mid to late Feb. We'll offer both raw and black powder coat, with polished fins so they match our Valve Covers.
AirCleaner1.jpg

AzCoupe":2gbm9sk9 said:
... Our new air cleaners (8" x 11" oval) are just about ready too. Here's the first prototype, which was polished. I think they are going to cast them next week, so I might have them available around mid to late Feb. We'll offer both raw and black powder coat, with polished fins so they match our Valve Covers.
AirCleaner1.jpg

That is one good looking piece of hardware, Mike. Heck, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see those turning up on some non-inline engines and even on engines that weren't made by Ford.

8)

Mike

Do you have an expected ship date for the manifolds and adapters? I am anxiously awaiting. The rebuild starts this week and am hoping to have it on the road in a few weeks.

This is going to be great.

Thanks for all your hard work.

Jim Reese in MO

Jim,

All I need from you, is which adaptor you want? I shipped several out yesterday, and more will be going out today.

Back