Oil and Filter

aussie oil penrite has a new series of oil with 2200 PPM of zinc, its probably the best down under, my engine builder swears by the stuff, other guy in town is a Joe Gibbs guy and he runs a engine building business and has gone low sevens over the qtr in his single turbo windsor. i might do the whats on special at the local shops when i buy some this week, i have a short list of brands, lets hope ones on sale, as for the oil filter, not sure if we have motorcraft or any of the others around, will have a look. Anyone recommend spark plug indexing washers?

FalconSedanDelivery":x14bmzyg said:
waste of time ( indexing the spark plugs ) IMHO

i agree. unless you are looking for that last little bit of power, indexing the plugs is a waste of time.

2X on all the comments todate, XR. Would U want a 5W-50 on race days & drain/refill 10W-30 on 'off days"? Is it circle track, straight ahead, railey (or "LeMans")? may B race format doesn't make a difference?

"...Most wear (I've read) occurs at start-up, so anything that helps improve that is something that works for me..."
On yer filter Q. Many here have suggested earlier - "make sure U have a drain back valve supplied filter". The inherent design of this engine allows the filter to go dry at shut down so there is no oil at start up. W/a drain back preventer the filter will not B empty leaving more lube on higher engine parts...
Now, having said that, I can't tell you which filters they told us had this valve. I believe it was most brands today but can't cite any brands "for' or 'against".

Need more info on the 170 (or it's seller)?

Yeah mate, he is on Landracing forum, or google mech injected 170 six on images you will see the two pics mate.

Just another question dont' we need to have an engine at certain tolerances to run these 10w 30 oil’s? i am now looking at a full synthetic high zinc 20w-50 Lucas Oils brand.

Back