All Small Six Oil Pump gasket - 65 mustang

This relates to all small sixes

shreqshack

I purchased a new oil pump from RockAuto.com (see picture on the left). I got a gasket in the box but it appears to be for the Engine Oil Pump Pickup Tube (pictured on the right) rather than for the the space between the pump and the engine block. So I wondered...maybe I don't need a gasket when I fasten it to the engine block? Would I use RTV instead? Thoughts?

Hi, Ford did not use a gasket when bolting the oil pump to the block. Many aftermarket gasket sets include it. Good luck

I have called all of the auto parts places (NPD, CJpony, Johns Mustang, NAPA, Kentucky Mustang)....no body has one.
It sounds like i need to make my own gasket? or just use RTV...If that is the case. What RTV would you all recommend using?

You don't need a gasket on the block for the oil pump use some of your RTV and be good to go.

What Bubba said....It is best not to use a gasket ...I put a thin bead of RTV and bolt it down, then quickly take it off and verify that none gets squished into the oil port and if so, that gets cleaned back away and then final bolt down.
ULTRA GREY or BLACK

Back