Build Thread Pre 1996 EEC-IV EFI MAP Tuning Discussion - QuarterHorse & TunerPro RT

Yeah sorry I realized that too late. Your screenshot shows RPM( n )being 3104. Is the engine running?

Yeah sorry I realized that too late. Your screenshot shows RPM( n )being 3104. Is the engine running?
Yes engine is running. Other sensors and read outs like the MAP are responsive. RPM is completely unresponsive so is TPS. ACT and ECT dont register anything and there is one INF on the board idk what that is for though

Did you turn on data logging? it's the two arrows, one on top of the other pointing opposite directions

Datalogging is on, I am getting live read outs for other sensors it appears. I found this in the ADX though maybe i should edit something here?

1716347064164.png

No dont edit that. If you're running j1x code, it should be populating correctly. I'm wondering if you don't have a good contact between the quarter horse and the ECU. Did you clean the contacts really well?

No dont edit that. If you're running j1x code, it should be populating correctly. I'm wondering if you don't have a good contact between the quarter horse and the ECU. Did you clean the contacts really well?
Okay I'll start there again, let me see if I need to clean it again.

Now I am getting ACT and ECT reads (negative) but the RPMs jumped to 15k and wont update
I felt like I was scraping metal, but I guess I need to try again, it seems like it's a connection issue.
1716349294238.png

I just remembered if you're running the stock bin you have to apply the data logging patch before it'll work correctly

On the left side, select parameter type. Scroll down to patches and open the data logging patch and then apply the patch. If you're not emulating then save the new bin and re-upload it

On the left side, select parameter type. Scroll down to patches and open the data logging patch and then apply the patch. If you're not emulating then save the new bin and re-upload it
I just woke up and went out and applied the patch. Everything seems to be working with datalogging now. Gonna same this config and start messing around now. Your extended VE tables are just for bigger injectors?1716376765897.png

Awesome I am running the extended VE tables this morning on stock injectors and it’s fucking awesome lol. This truck is alive haha! I’ll have to start looking into 5.0 tbs and some bigger injectors next

That's awesome! I've actually found the factory 93 ford map sensor will read boost. There are some tweaks you have to make to the code to allow it to read more than one atmosphere, but that's pretty well documented here. There's a bit of trial and error you can skip over, but there's some good bits in here.

I'd be glad to help you as you would be the first one to test boost utilizing MAP with the factory system.

It's super simple to turn off EGR and the thermactor system. If you can figure out how to dump the factory bin I can just shut those off for you.
just read through all of this. Understood what I understood hahaha, concerning the last comment you left, did you ever find a boost setup to test with? I should be able digest all that info in the thread soon and try to implement it on a 4.9 bin. I want to try and account for a 5.0 throttle body first before I start welding shit for a simple boost setup

Nice. You've come a long way in a short time. I'll work on fixing a few things up in the adx. I should be able to quickly add thermactor and EGR scalars so you can turn them on and off as needed. I've been focused on the V8 tune (a1c) but a lot of that can translate over really fast.

You probably want to start dialing and fuel on the extended table. You'll need to get history, tables open and select fuelerror_map_n or something like that. Then go for a drive and try to hit all the load and RPM ranges. This table logs fuel correction that I can help you reapply back to the tune and get it dialed right in. I'll post the Excel spreadsheet. I wrote that automates this process. You just do a couple of copy and paste operations.

Nice. You've come a long way in a short time. I'll work on fixing a few things up in the adx. I should be able to quickly add thermactor and EGR scalars so you can turn them on and off as needed. I've been focused on the V8 tune (a1c) but a lot of that can translate over really fast.

You probably want to start dialing and fuel on the extended table. You'll need to get history, tables open and select fuelerror_map_n or something like that. Then go for a drive and try to hit all the load and RPM ranges. This table logs fuel correction that I can help you reapply back to the tune and get it dialed right in. I'll post the Excel spreadsheet. I wrote that automates this process. You just do a couple of copy and paste operations.
Cool I work with spread sheets a lot so I should be able to figure that out. I noticed with the extended VE tables my idle was surging a bit and in first without throttle. I just updated the 750 rpm range in the table and that seemed to smooth it out.

Are you saying getting history wouldn't be as simple as hitting the record button and going for a drive? No worries if not, I just thought that was the process.

I think EGR is off, I wasn't able to find thermactor stuff though.
1716390960238.png

Yeah I wouldn't drive it like that bud. You need to build that table first based on the deprecated table that should be listed as well. She's running way too rich.

Here use this. It is not correct for stock injectors but I would multiply/divide all values by 10% until you get lambse1 near 1.00 at idle. You can record a log and then play it back to get the history table. I find it easier to just look at the table (select running average) when driving so you can make sure you get a good amount of samples in each cell. Try to avoid fast movements of the pedal to stay out of accel enrichment.

Attachments

• J1X Extended VE 80lb.zip
    7.3 KB · Views: 3
Back