Twin turbo 300

Do you think the lifter bores are taller with the 385 series or the Windsor blocks compared to the six? I was just thinking if the bores are the same height and within the same relation to the cam then if it would work on one of those engines it should work on the six but I could be looking at it wrong.

This assuming their pictures are the actual product.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230725_115119_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230725_115119_Gallery.jpg
    557.6 KB · Views: 5
Do you think the lifter bores are taller with the 385 series or the Windsor blocks compared to the six? I was just thinking if the bores are the same height and within the same relation to the cam then if it would work on one of those engines it should work on the six but I could be looking at it wrong.
I don't have an older non roller V8 engine on a stand to check. The Ford calls for the same lifter for the non roller sbf and the 300. I don't have a big block anymore. I only brought sbf stuff to Arizona from Ohio in 2010.

I don't know if I like the narrow band where the oil can get to the holes in the block? They appear to be shorter than the Howards

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230725_232831_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20230725_232831_Gallery.jpg
    531.6 KB · Views: 3
This low groove may be necessary for your high lift you want?
Maybe but I was just thinking. I know the hydraulic roller is taller than the solid roller, but compared to the bottom of the lifter, I wonder if the oil hole is in the same spot for both? I know people use the solid roller and if they both were in the same spot then it should work for a hydraulic roller?

The retrofit rollers have the bottom section about the same as the stock but the roller is part of that dimension. They appear to be about the same height except the section where the link bars stick up. The solid rollers are shorter because they don't need the hydraulic plunger section. It looks like they still have a section that sticks up high to make sure it is above the lifter bore. Idk how much height you actually save? Someone else would have to chime in with that info.

DSS Racing is now making forged pistons for 300 six. Shows a picture of Franky? With the turbo 300 from Engine Power. Wow I can't believe they finally are giving us what we want. I called about the distributor gears today. For some reason they were still sitting on his desk with my information? Hopefully he will send them...lol

DSS Racing is now making forged pistons for 300 six. Shows a picture of Franky? With the turbo 300 from Engine Power. Wow I can't believe they finally are giving us what we want. I called about the distributor gears today. For some reason they were still sitting on his desk with my information? Hopefully he will send them...lol
They are an exact copy of the 390 fe pistons they offer, just the correct bore size for the 300. I have a set and compared them. The 390 with the custom bore size price isn't much of a difference than the 6 piston sets. It's nice to have a few extra pistons sometimes šŸ˜…

They are an exact copy of the 390 fe pistons they offer, just the correct bore size for the 300. I have a set and compared them. The 390 with the custom bore size price isn't much of a difference than the 6 piston sets. It's nice to have a few extra pistons sometimes šŸ˜…
I think it's the 352 bore? There is a pair of 352 standard bore? (4.0") TRW forged pistons on ebay. I was considering buying them. Now I'll probably get the DSS pistons. It shows 1/16" top and second rings. Thinner than the original 5/32" rings. I was gonna do the oliver 6.8 BBC rods with sdc journals with icon forged pistons. Now there is a forged piston and molnar HD rods available I will stray away from the long rod idea. Too much money. This is now an reasonable affordable engine to turbo. They finally charged my card for the distributor gears. Hopefully get them next week.

Is anyone running the throttle body fuel injection? I am trying to pick one of them. Do you use a separate ignition system or use the one with the efi? Pros and cons? If you go separate and decide to go carb keep the same distributor. Maybe a distributor that could be used in either application?

The cast stock gear is definitely a different material than the new one. It's pretty close dimensionally.
I asked them specifically if it would work with 8620 billet steel and they said yes that it has been tested with that and 93? Steel. Can't remember the number but they couldn't tell me what the gear was made out of.

I asked them specifically if it would work with 8620 billet steel and they said yes that it has been tested with that and 93? Steel. Can't remember the number but they couldn't tell me what the gear was made out of.
They wouldn't tell me what the gear was made out of either. I don't have a reason to not believe them when they say it would work with a billet cam. Just would like more than "it'll work" response

They wouldn't tell me what the gear was made out of either. I don't have a reason to not believe them when they say it would work with a billet cam. Just would like more than "it'll work" response
I agree 100%. That's why I made sure to ask them in writing on their Facebook page. I would hope that they would not tell you that and not be true as if it wipes out a cam because it's not compatible then that should hold them liable. Rather than them saying it should work but it's at your own risk.

The manufacturer probably wants to keep it a secret so China doesn't start making them.... that company developed the roller cam / gear for Ford and Chevy for the V8 engines. I am willing to bet Ford asked them to make one for the 4.9L before they decided to get rid of it. Ford did work on a crossflow head. We would have to find someone that works there to give any insight.

tmc5150
It is appreciated that you found this and posted it, but it could spark a lot of conversation that would sidetrack your thread and really muddy things up.
I posted the Summit Kit on its own thread so you can remove it from your thread if you want to.
Not sure how to delete a post

Ok I just called Howard's cams. Gaterman makes the 385 series lifters for them for their BBF roller lifters. So technically both sets ( Howard's and gaterman) should be the same dimensional. 3.088 from the top of the bar to the bottom of the roller.

Back