xflow t5 info?

ok so I need to get a T5 behind this bell of mine. a stock SBF bell measures 6.9XX" in depth and my XFlow bell is in around 6.375". is this right or is there a difference in crank to bell/block between the aussie motor and a 302?

I am going to be building a custom T5 for this setup (tapered bearing input/mainshaft, 5th gear support, bearing retainer, shifter, etc) and will be needing an input and was just trying to figure out what I need.

I think you would either modify the input shaft or get an Aussie input sent over. Probably easier to re-work what you've got.

If in doubt, dummy it up on the back of your motor, with most of the box gutted.

yeah gonna dummy up this weekend I think. not sure I can get a stock shaft shortened that much.

figured it might make more sense to get a spacer/adapter made up instead. no heat treating needed and I can always swap boxes without having to have custom parts made up.

I have some other non t5 bell so I might just look into have an adapter made up for it instead.

just working on trying to get this all sorted out to figure out what parts I need to get.

Back